+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Only seen bits and it looks cringing
    Yes it is.

Acting in this series is poor, compared to earlier episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes it is.

Acting in this series is poor, compared to earlier episodes.
    Im up to Charles first fling with Camilla. Got to say she doesnt appear to have aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Im up to Charles first fling with Camilla. Got to say she doesnt appear to have aged well.
    It’s the strain of posting on here

Started to watch Netflix a few months ago. Just finished watching "The Queens Gambit". Superb, you don't have to be into chess to enjoy it and 62million people in the first 28 days of transmission cannot all be wrong. Anya Taylor-Joy is mesmerizing in the lead role. If you are prepared to suspend a little reality then its highly enjoyable.

Also on Netflix are a load of episodes of one of IMO one of the best sitcoms of the last 30 years, "Still Game".

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    Started to watch Netflix a few months ago. Just finished watching "The Queens Gambit". Superb, you don't have to be into chess to enjoy it and 62million people in the first 28 days of transmission cannot all be wrong. Anya Taylor-Joy is mesmerizing in the lead role. If you are prepared to suspend a little reality then its highly enjoyable.

Also on Netflix are a load of episodes of one of IMO one of the best sitcoms of the last 30 years, "Still Game".
    Queens Gambit is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Queens Gambit is very good.
    Agreed, it is.

Still Game though needs subtitles

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post

Another thumbs up for the excellent "Queens Gambit"
    Created by Scott Frank who also gave Netflix "Godless" another great series

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s the strain of posting on here
    It has taken its toll.

With regards the acting standards, I think I must have caught what Diana had as I keep wanting to throw up, especially when the Maggie and Queen caricatures are on screen.

I thought Olivia thingy got the Queen right; it's just some of the dialogue she was given that's more caricature than real - and pretty unbelievable. Charles and the D of E are pretty good. Gillian Anderson as Maggie is terrible - another OTT caricature and quite grotesque - and Princess Di was very two dimensional.

Camilla was unrecognizable (though I've never met him so can't be sure!!)

The best episode in my book in this season was "Fagan". The best in the series - possibly "Aberfan". One of the best portrayals was Harold Wilson. Gave much more depth to him than most people saw at the time.

I've also just finished "Queen's Gambit". Not bad, but lost its way a bit and too stylized an interpretation of the 50s and 60s, visually, for me.

Thatcher has just made her first appearance. The country is heading down the pan. Lol.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast