+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth Post Match Thoughts

Yip, played well and a bit unlucky in the end. I, and many other, have wondered about 3-5-2 with the players we have. Our goalie?? theirs well, 2 stunning saves. Blackman will only save a pen if it hits him, good save later on but thats what he's paid to do.

Crooks and Wiles still give it away too easy. What was Icky doing with the header, should have scored not headed sideways. Lindsay MOM. Clarke did well when he came on.

Same formation Tuesday??... we have 2 wingers waiting and fresh for the 2nd half.

What a game!

What a performance!

Most effective player was their keeper! You pay the money and you get the quality. They had undoubted quality all over the pitch and so did we!

We have a chance this season and then we improve more!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep Blackman a stupid pen to give away. I wunt have minded if he had redeemed himself by saving it. He was nowhere near it a chuffin gain. He must be one of our worst pen savers for a long time for us. We do need to get him practising his pen saves.

The last min save was good tho as you say tho Brin.

Typical Freddie goals. We need to keep getting that ball onto the 6 yars box because he will be sniffing,

Thought all CMs all played well particularly Jamie Lyndsey who was all over the pitch getting stuck in and had hard luck with an header. Good game from Wiles and better from Tree.

A well deserved point. We are a gnats off staying in this league. Maybe 3 5 2 is the way forward.

Somebody on twitter says ICky is out On Tues. I hope not because we will be buggered if Woody is still not fit,

A note on the ref: Wa nk again, Why do I get the feeling they just cant wait to give pens against us and book and send off our players

MOM: Jamie Lyndsey, Keep playing like that lad and you will end up in the Scotland squad.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep Blackman a stupid pen to give away. I wunt have minded if he had redeemed himself by saving it. He was nowhere near it a chuffin gain. He must be one of our worst pen savers for a long time for us. We do need to get him practising his pen saves.

The last min save was good tho as you say tho Brin.

Typical Freddie goals. We need to keep getting that ball onto the 6 yars box because he will be sniffing,

Thought all CMs all played well particularly Jamie Lyndsey who was all over the pitch getting stuck in and had hard luck with an header. Good game from Wiles and better from Tree.

A well deserved point. We are a gnats off staying in this league. Maybe 3 5 2 is the way forward.

Somebody on twitter says ICky is out On Tues. I hope not because we will be buggered if Woody is still not fit,

A note on the ref: Wa nk again, Why do I get the feeling they just cant wait to give pens against us and book and send off our players

MOM: Jamie Lyndsey, Keep playing like that lad and you will end up in the Scotland squad.
    Yes, totally agree regarding Lindsay and playing for Scotland. Hope Steve Clarke has had him watched. They need all the players they can find!

A good point but probably more important was the performance. I thought we were the better team today against an in form team whose squad is said to have cost £200 million to put together (against £1 million for us) Hopefully this has "put the wedge in" as Ronnie used to say, after a couple of under par efforts.
    We know we are capable of this sort of display - it's not dissimilar to earlier games when we didn't get what we deserved.
    Turning it on in the majority of games is the hard part.
    It's tempting to give Freddie man of the match after two goals but it's Lindsay for me - like a ratting Jack Russel in amongst them and two wonderful efforts on goal

Yes lke on 5 yellows so will be missing tuesday

Why only me mention Mattock?

ABrilliant performance , who says Warney doesn't read MM how many have said play 3 at the back. Our squad is suited to it. Anyway only thing I could criticise is their goals and the ref. I thought Blackman did have contact with the lad but the ref couldn't wait to give it, and what was Blackman doing in the first place. Poor defending for second goal not closing crossed down and man in box not marked, I'll give goalie benefit of doubt but maybe should have done better

Other than that excellent and with what I think is best goalie in league we would have had 2 more goals, who was MOM hard choice 2 goal Freddy, non stop Lindsey or any of them
    Blackman. Made a couple of good saves got in wrong position leading to pen, I didn't see the Preston game so can't compare Johansson, but I think if he's any good and we have Vickers, then let Blackman go back and give us another outfield player, we don't need 3 keepers in squad.
    Ihiekwe. Solid, really finding his feet in this league.
    MacDonald. Again another good display should have done better for their second, but what a shot that would have been the goal of the season.
    Harding.Said it before, say it again, best signing of summer and best right back we've had for ages.
    Mattock. Back to his best, and what a ball into Freddy. One of many.
    Olosunde. What a challenge in the first half stopped a certain goal. Obviously tired at the end but good performance.
    Wiles. Relished the central role, challenged hard and didn't waste as much possession as usual.
    Lindsey. What a player never stops, harries all the time and gets into good scoring positions, brilliant header in first half deserved a goal
    Crooks. Loads better game that's what we want more like his old self.
    Smith.as above, his goal seems to have given him a spur he caused them problems today.
    Ladapo. That's what he's here for took the first one brilliantly, caused them lots of problems and to me he looked like he meant the second.
    Clarke. Did very well when he came on, we now know we have cover there.
    We played a top team and drew but had the better and more chances so overall I'm a happy bunny.
    Keep on like that and we'll stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Why only me mention Mattock?
    Brin wrote

"Mattock's amazing crossing today...sublime."

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Brin wrote

"Mattock's amazing crossing today...sublime."

I agree
    Didn’t see that, agree

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast