+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: AFC Bournemouth And Red Hot Currie

AFC Bournemouth And Red Hot Currie

Remember it well , saying that I can't remember the final score but I do remember David Currie's four goals against Bournemouth in a home game in the late 80's .

It's the only time I've seen one of our lads score four in one game and I don't believe anyone has done it since .

When he was on it Currie made it look easy and his best days were definitely with the late Steve Cooper as his partner up top .

As skillful a forward as we've had in my time , he could rip the best defenders to shreds with a drop of the shoulder and that magical left foot .

You knew he was quality because away from home or even at Oakwell the opposition supporters gave him the verbals .

If you aren't worried about a player you don't bother do you .

5-3 it were Animal. My first season as a Reds fan 88/89. Loved Currie but other times he could drive thi potty. Cries of 'Gypo' from opposition fans but usually Currie had the last laugh.

I believe Craig Davies was the last player to score 4 in a game against Tuesday's opponents Birmingham at St. Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    5-3 it were Animal. My first season as a Reds fan 88/89. Loved Currie but other times he could drive thi potty. Cries of 'Gypo' from opposition fans but usually Currie had the last laugh.

I believe Craig Davies was the last player to score 4 in a game against Tuesday's opponents Birmingham at St. Andrews
    Chuffin hell I'd forgot about Craig Davies Pass , tha reight , it was a Sky game , saturday tea time , watched it in Walkabout in tarn .

Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic football Club ,
    what a name , wonder why they changed it , even the Strip they wear now doesn't resemble anything like it used too , i've only been to ground twice , lost 1 drawn 1 , a don't know why people retiring wanted to live theer , nice place , but chuffin hilly ,