+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Poor Teams.

Four Poor Teams.

Let’s be honest, the present bottom four are fighting for the three relegation places.

I think everyone above us including Brighton has a lot more quality.

I still fancy Sheff Utd to stay up.

The Palace match is a “must win” for us.

I have to agree. Of course there is a long way to go and some teams do put a run together.
    But i doubt that will be us.
    The squad simply isn't strong enough to compete at this level.

There is always one team that gets sucked into the relegation dogfight after a good start to the season. For me, I think that Palace might fit the bill this year so next week is a probably another 6 pointer.

I think we have sorted out some defensive problems the last games and should have had points from Spurs/Manure.

But, going forward, oh dear, we do lack quality! 😬

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I think we have sorted out some defensive problems the last games and should have had points from Spurs/Manure.

I agree Swedish! Need someone with quality alongside Gallagher and it's not Sawyers! Don't understand why Krov does not start.

Two largest investments Grant and Diangana are not proving their worth!!!

Three players who have come in for some stick - Johnstone - Bartley and Townsend getting better so well done to the three of them!

Agreed Thomas, you need to score goals to give yourself a chance and take the pressure off the defence.
    But we all know that striker's cost the most money and that's why we end up signing wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Agreed Thomas, you need to score goals to give yourself a chance and take the pressure off the defence.
    But we all know that striker's cost the most money and that's why we end up signing wingers.
    True Des. But for many seasons we have had offensive quality in midfield too, scoring or delivering good passes (Scharner, Mulumbu, Amalfitano, Dorrans, Brunt, Morrison etc, etc).

No we have one player who works his socks off, does a great job defensively, delivers passes, and, yesterday, scored the winner - Gallagher. So, in my opinion, we lack in midfield too, not only in forwards who score goals.

I'm still baffled as to why Bilic selects Saywers as holding midfielder. Yes, he was OK yesterday, but that was all. I' m sure that Krovinovic could do the job better. He is quicker, more aware, energetic, prepared to put his foot in and is capable of going forward. To my mind Sawyers is a poor man's Wilkins, sideways and backwards. Apologies to those young enough not to remember Wilkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I'm still baffled as to why Bilic selects Saywers as holding midfielder. Yes, he was OK yesterday, but that was all. I' m sure that Krovinovic could do the job better. He is quicker, more aware, energetic, prepared to put his foot in and is capable of going forward. To my mind Sawyers is a poor man's Wilkins, sideways and backwards. Apologies to those young enough not to remember Wilkins.

Could not agree more Leicester - he was OK in the first half but poor in the second and God knows what Bilic sees in him! Frustrates the hell out of me why Phillips and Kanu keep coming on when he have so many better options. I hope Grosicki succeeds elsewhere as his treatment at West Brom is appalling. Would any of our young players be any worse than Kanu who loses the ball frequently and out of his depth?

Krov is a good player and adds creativity and far far better than Sawyers! Grant is worrying me although too early to judge - to be fair I blame that w anker Dowling for p issing around signing him much earlier as clearly he looks unfit and not sharp enough yet for match play!

We looked sharper into the tackle and more organised defensively against United and Spurs deserving more of a return from both games.

However, last night we were more open than a pissed up dirty, raggy arsed nymphomaniac who hadn't had a shag all year.

But for a couple of inspired saves and the collective finishing prowess of a one legged blind man in an arse kicking contest we'd have taken it right up the ricker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)