+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Think it might be Neil Lennon at this rate
    Di Canio or Neil Warnock - I want to hear someone having full blown meltdowns at the players, press and everyone else, on the touchline, in the dressing room, press conferences, everywhere.

Said for a while I wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Toni Kombouare. If not then Billy Reid would be a good shout - did well at Accies and has gone and learned his trade abroad and down south as a number 2 now.

Can't see either happening to be honest and agree that we are going to be stuck with McInnes until at least the end of the season...

Quote Originally Posted by 8outoftencaat View Post
    we are going to be stuck with McInnes until at least the end of the season...
    Remember Cormack mouthing off about how we would play this season as a team? He was hoping it would get bums off seats. Because of Covid he hasn’t realised how true his quote was....hardly anyone would want to go to Pittodrie to watch this McInnes Aberdeen team. Listening to Bobby Connor today on RedTV was interested how he described how we attacked....without any real direction. Poor management which is very acceptable by the Aberdeen FC hierarchy.
    At the very least we can all agree that Cormack is just seemingly a nice guy who gave us a few million quid so we could get our own training facilities. He got other money men to put a few bucks in also but his level of ambition as chairman has surely got to be questioned. Our first team and the main reason we support Aberdeen is under his chairmanship been dross.

No football manager should be untouchable because of the wages they are on. I will say it again... Cormack and his people have real cash. They can afford to get rid of The Anchor Man tommorow if they really wished. The good thing about it is they would be sending out a statement that this is not what we want. The bad thing about them currently is they don’t seem to care about their broken promise. Good luck trying to get punters in the building to watch that rubbish.

Cormack really could be doing with his choice of manager. Hopefully he can get someone in who can live upto what he actually says.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Remember Cormack mouthing off about how we would play this season as a team? He was hoping it would get bums off seats. Because of Covid he hasn’t realised how true his quote was....hardly anyone would want to go to Pittodrie to watch this McInnes Aberdeen team. Listening to Bobby Connor today on RedTV was interested how he described how we attacked....without any real direction. Poor management which is very acceptable by the Aberdeen FC hierarchy.
    At the very least we can all agree that Cormack is just seemingly a nice guy who gave us a few million quid so we could get our own training facilities. He got other money men to put a few bucks in also but his level of ambition as chairman has surely got to be questioned. Our first team and the main reason we support Aberdeen is under his chairmanship been dross.

No football manager should be untouchable because of the wages they are on. I will say it again... Cormack and his people have real cash. They can afford to get rid of The Anchor Man tommorow if they really wished. The good thing about it is they would be sending out a statement that this is not what we want. The bad thing about them currently is they don’t seem to care about their broken promise. Good luck trying to get punters in the building to watch that rubbish.

Cormack really could be doing with his choice of manager. Hopefully he can get someone in who can live upto what he actually says.
    Bobby Connor had a good point regarding the attack - it's fine having players interchanging positions etc, but more often than not we ended up with all of our attackers falling over one another in the same area of the park. Earlier in the season we had two wing backs who stayed wide, and Hedges and Wright interchanging and finding pockets of space behind Watkins. Now we've got big lurch back in the team it's all gone wrong.

Covid has given McInnes some new excuses and probably bought him more time. Whether Cormack is ambitious or not, I doubt very much he'll settle for anything less than 3rd place and getting to at least 1 cup final or semi. At this rate we'll not achieve that, and if that's the case I think he'll dunt Derek at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post

As long as it’s not an American.
    They know **** all about soccerball

“Challenger brand “

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    As long as it’s not an American.
    They know **** all about soccerball
    I just hope whatever their nationality they don’t turn up with the idea that they can teach us anything about the game. Scottish clubs and the national team have been so successful when playing since the mid 80’s. Apparently ebbe skovdahl took some ideas to training that the Scottish lads didn’t think were any use. That Italian at kilmarnock as well with his idea of skill. No thank you I prefer the ball in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Bobby Connor had a good point regarding the attack - it's fine having players interchanging positions etc, but more often than not we ended up with all of our attackers falling over one another in the same area of the park. Earlier in the season we had two wing backs who stayed wide, and Hedges and Wright interchanging and finding pockets of space behind Watkins. Now we've got big lurch back in the team it's all gone wrong.

That proves that Ramjet is far more tactically aware than Derek the ****ehouse.

Hes my new stock answer to the "aye but who would you get in, remember McGhee and bottom six and 9-0 and Sigma" w@nks

Bring Bobby home

Yep. There's a guy i worked with 34 years ago just come home from working the last 20 years in Germany to take over here from someone who has been in the job for god knows how long and has already been warned not to bring in any of his new fangled ideas from Germany. They wont work here blah blah blah. People wont accept them etc etc etc. People here are scared of change.

I think McInnes will be here until the end of the season. One final shotty at the Scottish Cup. I just don't think in the current climate of Cormack having the begging bowl out in the summer with regards to renewing season tickets and renewing AberDNA and then players wage cuts and deferrals he could then shell out compensation to pay off the management team. He could afford it of course but it's how it would look. I think every manager has a shelf life and as much as the majority of us would love McInnes to have been more successful sadly it's not happening.

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast