+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Ok here we go with a controversial one in response to the thread title .......Neil Lennon
    Firstly I’m nae suggesting just putting it out there that he wouldn’t **** it against Rangers and he’d have a point to prove against Celtic.
    Nae for me as I think he’s no use unless he’s had a huge financial advantage but each to their own opinion

I would rather McInnes managed Aberdeen until he snuffed it, then his ghost came back to manage Aberdeen for all time, than Neil Lennon managed Aberdeen for a day

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I would rather McInnes managed Aberdeen until he snuffed it, then his ghost came back to manage Aberdeen for all time, than Neil Lennon managed Aberdeen for a day

Can’t argue with any of that.

Mason and Donsdaft pick McInnes. Anyone for giving Lennon a vote?

Name:  C6D51872-FD02-4708-B515-A8BC0DB7AC52.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  21.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Aye he did a fine job at Bolton. Not fir me.

McInnes has got us as far as he can. Certainly better than the dark days of McGoo and Paterson but he has stagnated. Time to go an alternative route and avoid the usual suspects.

No idea who I would go for.

Auld Illyan is a manager in Bulgaria or Tzanko is working in Kazakhstan I would rather them that Lennon.

Pickled ingin.

I think we need to think outwith the Scottish game, and with one or two exceptions, probably outwith anyone who actually knows very much about the Scottish game.

Bring in an Ex Dons legend and that inferiority complex will already be built in. Bring in someone with Rangers or Celtic connections and they will immediately be thinking of Aberdeen as finishing 3rd at best.

I'd go with a non-Scottish manager, who could possibly bring in someone who knows a bit about the Scottish game as part of the backroom staff.

Having said all that, I'm sticking with my suggestion of Paolo DiCanio to bring the passion back.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think we need to think outwith the Scottish game, and with one or two exceptions, probably outwith anyone who actually knows very much about the Scottish game.

Bring in an Ex Dons legend and that inferiority complex will already be built in. Bring in someone with Rangers or Celtic connections and they will immediately be thinking of Aberdeen as finishing 3rd at best.

I'd go with a non-Scottish manager, who could possibly bring in someone who knows a bit about the Scottish game as part of the backroom staff.

Having said all that, I'm sticking with my suggestion of Paolo DiCanio to bring the passion back.
    Pickled ingin

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

The media will hound and ridicule the 'foreigner' until they get one of their pals from their lodge back in. It's a closed shop. Cowan and Cosgrove comment on Off the Ball how uncanny it is that guests who are unemployed at the time suddenly get jobs, failing to realise that it's just a merry-go-round. One jumps off and another jumps back on until you reach a certain age and then you move quietly aside and let the new batch of ex-pros play on the merry-go-round.

Indeed, you only have to rubber neck Swallow Swallow for 30 minutes to realise the importance of masonry in the Scottish game. I remember reading them discuss Dave Mitchell, the ex-Australian international and Oldco player (who was at Pittodrie on 8/8/88 to watch the match and sign for us but the deal fell through), who went through some ritual or something to become one or get to the next level and there was someone else that was also going through it at the same time but two or three of them you knew wouldn't reveal on the forum because it would be very controversial.

I'd imagine Delboy is a member or whatever they are of a lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Ok here we go with a controversial one in response to the thread title .......Neil Lennon
    Firstly I’m nae suggesting just putting it out there that he wouldn’t **** it against Rangers and he’d have a point to prove against Celtic.
    Nae for me as I think he’s no use unless he’s had a huge financial advantage but each to their own opinion
    F**k clean off.
    Hope that sheds some light on it.

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast