+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: As good as it gets

As good as it gets

I thought of the this at the local pub surrounded by Everton fans here stateside. This is the 4th time I've been the only Leeds fan surrounded by stunned fans of "top teaams". Yesterday wearing the Lg1 kit no less. L'pool were the most stunned followed closely by Citeh fans and Arsenal fans. None can believe just how good we are for a newly promoted team or the style and pace we play. I've let some of them know we've played the same since MB showed up.

I missed the Revie Era and most of the Risdale fiasco but fully experienced the administration, bates and mad Italian's era. All of which make the current situation so wonderful. No Leeds fan will ever take what we have now for granted.

I also believe this will likely be as good as it ever gets for us. I know that MB can only burn the candle at both ends for so long and he tends to burn out and this will be his third year with us. we are nearing uncharted territory for him but am relishing every game. As long as we don't get relegated this will be the best year ever. I know that as we get more funds and more recognition we will likely get more accolades and success but this year will always be something special. To burst on the scene and play it our way, win or lose, is something I can never recall int English football. No one attacks like we do and we've ramped it up as the season has gone along.

Enjoy it while we can. It's truly a once in a generation situation and we are the catalyst and in the middle of it!

I whole heartedly agree, I was brought up in the revie era, and saw the superb football we played, sometimes to cynical and often fell at the final hurdle, Wilkinson brought us some joy through teamwork, oleary's "babes" again brought us Europe, but I feel bielsa has brought us total football to which I've never seen, we are peoples second team, the pundits love us, and it's all down to bielsa, it may be short lived, so let's enjoy it while we can.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I whole heartedly agree, I was brought up in the revie era, and saw the superb football we played, sometimes to cynical and often fell at the final hurdle, Wilkinson brought us some joy through teamwork, oleary's "babes" again brought us Europe, but I feel bielsa has brought us total football to which I've never seen, we are peoples second team, the pundits love us, and it's all down to bielsa, it may be short lived, so let's enjoy it while we can.
    👍

Completely agree. Whoever follows may (or may not) be more successful in terms of trophies but I'm confident in saying that we will never see football as good as we've had the last three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Amen Brother.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)