+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parkhead tonight

Parkhead tonight

SPFL: Fans should get back into stadiums!
    Fans: https://twitter.com/TrueBluesLoyal/s...06164415016968

No, not 'Fans' this is CELTIC fans. Why tar every other set of fans with the same brush as these louts?

This is what happens when you give a bunch of sanctimonious, spoilt brats free reign to say and act however they want for years, the minute things don't go their way, this is how they react.

They should be absolutely hammered for this, especially with Glasgow being the worst hit city for Covid-19 in Scotland and currently in a tier 4 lockdown, but no doubt their pals in the media, the SNP and Glasgow City Council will find a way to let them off lightly here. Can't be upsetting their own now can they?

Because when football asked for special dispensation to return, it promises collectively to behave. When knuckles got wrapped for Celtic and Aberdeen, it then promised again it could behave 'and this time we mean it'.

The deal wasn't seven old guysin the sPFL board behaving but we don't know about players and take no responsibility for fans. The carpet sweeping (I assume) with Killie and St Mirren looks awful, the rangers players got a slap on the wrist and now this... football has already shown it is lucky with its TV deal that it can keep every club alive should it choose to do so, if the government laugh it out of court on fans getting back there are absolutely no complaints imho.

So the rest of Scottish football has to suffer because Celtic fans can't behave then? Actually I don't know why that would even come as a surprise these days, as everyone, from the footballing authorities, to the police and to Government has bent over backwards to accommodate Celtic for years now so why should any reasonable person expect Celtic to be singled out and punished accordingly this time.

Football, in dealing with the government in this case, is one entity - the SPFL. There's no avoiding that and it's utterly unreasonable to expect authorities in the midst of a pandemic to waste time splitting hairs. Football collectively promised to behave, collectively asked for special treatment and has taken no responsibility whatsoever since.

The SPFL/SFA should ideally throw the book at Celtic, I would absolutely support that happening. But those organizations are ultimately the clubs and our own club has made it perfectly clear we don't think clubs should be held responsible for their fans. We have little cause for complaint when the official view on the matter from FP is 'Celtic can't control what people do, they shouldn't be punished'.

I'm sure Mr Lawell still manages to extricate his club's 'supporters' from this absolute car crash behaviour ... at least from the SPFL. Had our fans, or any other 'diddy' clubs been involved in scenes like this we'd already have been rammed (and rightly so), right up the ar5ehole.
    I really hope the Police Commissioner's comments today about 'finding the law-breakers, and bringing them to justice' is truth and not a sound-bite. I've never had any time for Lennon, but by Christ, Sunday evening's scenes were totally disgraceful! The hypocrisy isn't missed either ... those culprits are likely the same people who rightly defended him when bullets were in his mail, and Edinburgh fans were assaulting him on the side-lines a cuppla years back.
    But let's not forget, they are 'the best fans in the World' !!

Its interesting that the First Minister would not single out Celtic fans for criticism last night, but rather lumped them in with Rangers fans, United fans and all football fans. Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    Its interesting that the First Minister would not single out Celtic fans for criticism last night, but rather lumped them in with Rangers fans, United fans and all football fans. Make of that what you will.
    I make of it thus ... whoever wrote her speech has no clue of what fitbaw means to us 'grubbers'. Probably the same person who won't let us back in to stadiums with millions of cubic metres of fresh air, but thinks it's fine for bingo halls et all to reopen!?!

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    I make of it thus ... whoever wrote her speech has no clue of what fitbaw means to us 'grubbers'. Probably the same person who won't let us back in to stadiums with millions of cubic metres of fresh air, but thinks it's fine for bingo halls et all to reopen!?!
    When football has continually showed itself to be utterly irresponsible, why would authorities let fans back in when there is no immediate threat to the industry? Football has proved it can survive without fans in grounds for a while, even in Scotland where the TV deal is modest and gate income disproportionately important.

Fans will be back next year some time, the end is in sight and despite the 'threats' from within the game no club will go bust before then. The government gave football special permission to return which saved it and, if asked, should guarantee any bridging loans taken out by the SPFL/SFA to cover the next months. But that's it and even that will not be necessary - the SFA will easily pocket more than 10 million quid from the Euros.

Other industries without such a safety net are understandably prioritised.

I find the whining from football to be incredibly distasteful and completely at odds with the reality of the current situation.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)