+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Dial a Disc

O/T Dial a Disc

Name:  Unknown.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  8.7 KB

Do many remember phoning 160 and listening to a pop song. Me an my girly friends would ring it and then sing and jig around in the phone box, we must have looked right berks. In retrospect wasn't it an odd thing to do? but we were all doing it back then.

Bloody hell Phil, i had forgotten all about that.
    Did you listen to Radio Luxembourg 208 as well?

Back in the early 90’s you could phone a number and get live commentary on Albion matches.

We were away in Blackpool at a family event and I was sneaking off to the room to get live score updates.

The following day when we came to leave my dad was paying the bill for the whole family in his normal and very generous way.

As I came down the staircase to reception my mum was fuming and berated me and said how disgusted she was with me......”ashamed” she said!

The bill had revealed around £35 of charges on an 0898 number which if you remember, were the opening digits for the online s l u t lines back on those days😫

I was desperately trying to convince my mum, dad, wife and other relatives as well as the hotel owner and other guests that I hadn’t paid £35 for a w a n k.

Not on that occasion 👀🤭

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Bloody hell Phil, i had forgotten all about that.
    Did you listen to Radio Luxembourg 208 as well?
    Remember Radio Luxembourg very well in the 50's. There used to be a guy called Horace Batchelor who used to advertise his talent at selecting football matches for the Pools. Always remember that when he gave out his phone number which was in Keynsham, he always repeated it by spelling the word for you! Ah, those were the days.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)