+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You Could Choose One Unique Place To Spend Xmas?

If You Could Choose One Unique Place To Spend Xmas?

In a remote cabin in Alaska with all I needed for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    In a remote cabin in Alaska with all I needed for a month.
    Somewhere hot for me mate, preferably waited on hand and foot in a remote villa at Flemings Goldeneye, Jamaica away from all this insanity.

As it’s for Christmas somewhere at the top of Norway or Canada with the Northern lights as the backdrop, plenty to eat and drink and Liz Hurley 😁👍

I am quite happy on my settee with the kettle on standby.
    Haven't had a drink for a month and probably won't bother over Yule.

Boxing Day at a packed Hawthorns on a cold crisp sunny day with a game v one of the top teams back in the days when you walked up the Birmingham Road full of turkey sandwiches and Brew X1 from the Star & Garter and optimism thinking 'we gonna win this'

My favourite 1967 3-2 v champions elect Man City, Bell, Lee, Summerbee and the rest.

In July last year I visited a town in northern Sweden called Jokkmokk, North of the Arctic Circle; this time of year there will be 24 hours of darkness, that would be the ideal place for me right now. Just shut myself away for three months with the occasional peek outside at the Northern Lights. It would suit my current mood.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Boxing Day at a packed Hawthorns on a cold crisp sunny day with a game v one of the top teams back in the days when you walked up the Birmingham Road full of turkey sandwiches and Brew X1 from the Star & Garter and optimism thinking 'we gonna win this'

My favourite 1967 3-2 v champions elect Man City, Bell, Lee, Summerbee and the rest.
    I loved that match. I ran on to the pitch and jumped on Astle's back when he got the winner at the end. Apparently I dodged a copper to get on and as I ran back to my grandad and uncle the same copper was laughing with them at my antics and he let me get back over the wall. What a difference it would be today.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I loved that match. I ran on to the pitch and jumped on Astle's back when he got the winner at the end. Apparently I dodged a copper to get on and as I ran back to my grandad and uncle the same copper was laughing with them at my antics and he let me get back over the wall. What a difference it would be today.
    And 2-0 at their place a few days later. The double over the Champions of England and 6 past the Champions of Europe all in one season!

I recall seeing an image of the aftermath of Astle's winner. Anyone find any footage of this, one of my all time favourites. 2-0 to us, they got it back to 2-2 before Jeff knocked it in from close range at the back post with not long left. Anyone confirm my recollection?

Crowd was 44,000+. Happy happy days.

A remote log cabin under a cloudless night sky in a snowbound Scandanavian country where I could see the Northern Lights and go racing skidoos along a frozen lake. No TV, just the radio and the tribe for company.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    A remote log cabin under a cloudless night sky in a snowbound Scandanavian country where I could see the Northern Lights and go racing skidoos along a frozen lake. No TV, just the radio and the tribe for company.
    You’re not threatening to join me in Jokkmokk, are you? 24 hours of darkness with a Villa fan...........! Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)