+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have You Ever Been Part Of Or Witnessed A Disaster?

When I was 10 I came out the house and people were screaming. Went to have a look and there was a women's head in the gutter, What had happened was she was on the back of motorbike and her scarf got caught in the back wheel and decapitated her.
    Mom heard the screaming grab me, sent me back in doors and got a towel to put over the poor lady's head.
    My Brother was lucky he met his mates at the Tavern in the Town on the night of the Pub bombings , but they decided to go to another pub.
    they had to walk home to West Brom after because there were no taxis or busses. Because we knew he was going there, we thought the worse.

No thankfully.
    But i once dreamed about being on Concorde, it struggled to gain height on take off and crashed just missing a hotel.
    It happened for real the next week and turned my blood cold when i saw it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    No thankfully.
    But i once dreamed about being on Concorde, it struggled to gain height on take off and crashed just missing a hotel.
    It happened for real the next week and turned my blood cold when i saw it on TV.
    Strange one - I used to dream about being on a plane that had difficulty taking off and it was running between buildings without gaining height. Since that American plane ditched in the Hudson River it's never happened again.

There was a man who used to drive like a maniac down the narrow high st where I lived, literally like 60 mph. He made me so mad, really I was really angry about his not being bothered if a kid ran out or something. I was in the Doctors surgery when he walks in, and our eyes met. "what you looking at" he said with a very fixed stare. I looked at the full waiting room and decided it was best to just say "Oh its nothing".
    That man left the doctors travelled up to Anglesey and stabbed his wife 54 times. It was in the papers obviously and when I saw who it was I went cold. I calmed a guy down who was wielding a large knife and waited for the police to come once but when I think of what could have happened to me with the other guy? Makes me even more careful now. I often think about what could have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    There was a man who used to drive like a maniac down the narrow high st where I lived, literally like 60 mph. He made me so mad, really I was really angry about his not being bothered if a kid ran out or something. I was in the Doctors surgery when he walks in, and our eyes met. "what you looking at" he said with a very fixed stare. I looked at the full waiting room and decided it was best to just say "Oh its nothing".
    That man left the doctors travelled up to Anglesey and stabbed his wife 54 times. It was in the papers obviously and when I saw who it was I went cold. I calmed a guy down who was wielding a large knife and waited for the police to come once but when I think of what could have happened to me with the other guy? Makes me even more careful now. I often think about what could have happened.

I can relate to that Boingy as one Sunday I overtook this car who didn't move in the town when the lights turned green - all of a sudden he drove in front of me making me stop - got out of the car with a pick axe with drugged up eyes saying he was going to kill me. Luckily in the distance was a police car and he got back in again and drove off. Seemed an absolute nutter and had he not been tooled up, would have taken him on.

Since that day - I never peep my horn or give a one finger to other drivers again - you don't know who you are dealing with so not worth it. I hate drivers like you say who speed in little roads where a child could jump out and they should be banned for life!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I can relate to that Boingy as one Sunday I overtook this car who didn't move in the town when the lights turned green - all of a sudden he drove in front of me making me stop - got out of the car with a pick axe with drugged up eyes saying he was going to kill me. Luckily in the distance was a police car and he got back in again and drove off. Seemed an absolute nutter and had he not been tooled up, would have taken him on.

Since that day - I never peep my horn or give a one finger to other drivers again - you don't know who you are dealing with so not worth it. I hate drivers like you say who speed in little roads where a child could jump out and they should be banned for life!
    Absolutely! Stay safe in more ways than one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)