+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scots involved in more football violence

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    To be honest I couldn't care less if the Scots prove thi reight next summer SB. My argument in the previous thread was that barring Wembley 78' thuz not a blot on their copy book in international tournaments from 86 to 98. Am still waiting fo thi to prove otherwise
    Were Scotland in any international tournaments from 86 to 98 ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Were Scotland in any international tournaments from 86 to 98 ?
    World Cup 1990

Euro's 1992

Euro's 1996

World Cup 1998

And Mexico 86.

All trouble free I believe.

Ennyrooard, lifes too short. Av med mi point as I did in last thread. Al leave it theear.

All last century. I can't recall what happened before, during and after each game Scotland played but if you assure me there was no violence involving Scottish fans at any of these games then i accept my memory is not as sharp as yours.

Am still trying to get my head round why the England-v-Scotland international games had to be abandoned as a fixture.

From what you both tell me about peace loving Scots it must be all the England fan's fault. You've opened my eyes and I now realise I got it wrong.

Oh Flower of Scotland....
    Last edited by SBRed48; 02-12-2020 at 06:15 PM.

All last century. I can't recall what happened before, during and after each game Scotland played but if you assure me there was no violence involving Scottish fans at all these games then i accept my memory is not as sharp as yours.

Am still trying to get my head round why the England-v-Scotland international games had to be abandoned as a fixture.

From what you both tell me about peace loving Scots it must be all the England fan's fault. You've opened my eyes and I now realise I got it wrong.

Rab C Nesbitt wo leading the Scottish hooligans charge last I heard

All last century. I can't recall what happened before, during and after each game Scotland played but if you assure me there was no violence involving Scottish fans at any of these games then i accept my memory is not as sharp as yours.

The England - Scotland game was stopped mainly because English hooligans started travelling up to Hampden in significant numbers .

Once they arrived in Glasgow serious disorder took place and it was all over the media .

This was at a time when English clubs were barred from European competition because of the events at Heysel Stadium in 1985 .

It was just about the last thing the FA needed when they were trying to negotiate with UEFA on the English clubs getting readmitted .

The FA were also trying to bring Euro 96 to these shores as well and needed to limit the bad publicity that nowt had changed much .

Just to confirm ! Both Celtic and R#####$ fans do attend Scotland games , no flags or other club colours , nasty at times , av been amongst it a few times , so it's not made up , believe what you want , and i like the Scotts ,they have sum reyt hammer earrds amongst them tho ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Just to confirm ! Both Celtic and R#####$ fans do attend Scotland games , no flags or other club colours , nasty at times , av been amongst it a few times , so it's not made up , believe what you want , and i like the Scotts ,they have sum reyt hammer earrds amongst them tho ,
    Course they have Roma, ivry teeum ez its selection of idiots, twas ever thus.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123