+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The tic

The tic

Gordon Strachan is being touted for the Celtic job, I imagine he will turn it down, but I hope he gives Celtic some good

Advice and they make a swoop for James Mcpake, plus compensation !

Celtic struggle and fans begin to agitate for Lennon to depart. Everything they have achieved is forgotten. Do not think Strachan would be popular choice. Imagine what Tommy Wright could do?

these ****ers have very very short memories,up in arms over falling behind the rangers,makes me have nothing but upmost respect for teams supporters from Ayr utd Arbroath Cowdenbeath Montrose Forfar etc whose living fans havn't seen any main honours,and still turn out week in week out when we were all covid free

the vast majority of the celtic and rangers fans are there for glory two boils on either side of the same arse,the sooner the other chairmen chase them out the Scottish game the better,the game up here would be so much more competitive and healthy if they were gone,but the rest of the chairmen just scrap for the morsels

I think there is something in the view that the dominance of Rangers and Celtic has played a part in the decline of Scottish football. I can't think of a practical way to change things. The americans have salary caps and draft picks to try to spread the talent throughout the USA. I don't know if it actually works but if the Americans can see that the team with the most money will always win and they did something about it, perhaps there is a message for the Scottish administrators.

I think the problem lies in a lck of will within the other clubs. Somehow when they start getting into a good position in the league they seem to think that being like the OF will bring them the same success. It just won't happen IMO. They would be better to try to work out a way to use the TV money to boost their income by sharing out the money more evenly. Getting into the Champions League after Christmas is higely lucrative and giving more Scottish clubs the chance to win our SPL should help. The poor performances from the Scots teams that get into the Europa League seem to show that the general standard of play is not of a good enough standard and bringing up the overall level of play might actually benefit the efforts of the OF in Europe because they actually had competitive matches every week.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think there is something in the view that the dominance of Rangers and Celtic has played a part in the decline of Scottish football. I can't think of a practical way to change things. The americans have salary caps and draft picks to try to spread the talent throughout the USA. I don't know if it actually works but if the Americans can see that the team with the most money will always win and they did something about it, perhaps there is a message for the Scottish administrators.

I think the problem lies in a lck of will within the other clubs. Somehow when they start getting into a good position in the league they seem to think that being like the OF will bring them the same success. It just won't happen IMO. They would be better to try to work out a way to use the TV money to boost their income by sharing out the money more evenly. Getting into the Champions League after Christmas is higely lucrative and giving more Scottish clubs the chance to win our SPL should help. The poor performances from the Scots teams that get into the Europa League seem to show that the general standard of play is not of a good enough standard and bringing up the overall level of play might actually benefit the efforts of the OF in Europe because they actually had competitive matches every week.
    We have had two glorious chances to change things for the better, when Rangers went kaput and covid.

Aberdeen blew it 1st time round, Nelms and a few others 2nd time.

I'm not even 100% certain what I want from DFC these days......it all seems a bit of an endurance test.

Would Scottish football be better with them away, yes and no.....but mostly yes.

Think there are a couple of clubs (Aberdeen and Hearts) that would take up the old firm mantle if they went.

Think European leagues will eventually come and the fact that bigger tourneys and leagues can operate comfortably as a tv sport without fans In the ground isn't really helping either.

I watch very little fitba on the box apart from Dundee and the odd German and Spanish game.....EPL I can't really stand.

Hard to say where Scottish fitba will be in a decade but probably it will still be getting discussed as on the way oot......seems to have been talked about that way for as long as I can remember.

Wonder what an Arbroath or a forfar or a Brechin suppoerter thinks abouit things? I imagine that they want their teams to be combatative. Can't imagine the doom and gloom that we inflict on ourselves as being the way they react to a setback. Perhaps I am wrong?

Id European leagues do come in then there will need to be some way to earn rpomotion unless they accept the situation like rugby where Italy is part of the 6 Nations tournament and they always finish bottom, sometimes in conjunction with Scotland.

Scottish Football for as long as I have known it has always been corrupt and the main reason for that has been the old firm.
    The old firm have their history, yes, but it's all about the religion and the colours.
    I certainly would not shed a tear if both left Scottish football and went elsewhere.
    We can't get any sensible change in Scottish football because many club chairmen are happy to have their gates against the old firm, even if many of the home fans do not even attend matches against the O F.
    Even the police are intiminidated by Rangers and Celtic as we have seen many times in Dens.
    I just find Scottish football so depressing as standards keep falling, I will still be a season ticket holder at Dens, but it's more out of loyalty
    Than any enjoyment.
    The farce of the decisions on the leagues and relegations last season are just typical of the shambles and corruption in our game.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Scottish Football for as long as I have known it has always been corrupt and the main reason for that has been the old firm.
    The old firm have their history, yes, but it's all about the religion and the colours.
    I certainly would not shed a tear if both left Scottish football and went elsewhere.
    We can't get any sensible change in Scottish football because many club chairmen are happy to have their gates against the old firm, even if many of the home fans do not even attend matches against the O F.
    Even the police are intiminidated by Rangers and Celtic as we have seen many times in Dens.
    I just find Scottish football so depressing as standards keep falling, I will still be a season ticket holder at Dens, but it's more out of loyalty
    Than any enjoyment.
    The farce of the decisions on the leagues and relegations last season are just typical of the shambles and corruption in our game.
    Did you ever think you'd see the day when our lowest home crowd would be against the old firm?

Wonder if this is unique to Scotland? Or even Dundee?.

I get brassed off with the fact no one seems to care about the lc except the final and no one gets interested in Scottish cup till the semis but all go on about cup runs....I don't get it.

Throw in the fact that some fans don't want to play in top league cause we get the odd battering and I start to wonder what they want out of the club......the odd testimonial in London and a guid away trip to Dumfries?

If some fans, the club itself and the current management think mid table in the championship and a prolonged stay won't have any effect......they are sadly mistaken.
    Last edited by Returnofrros; 02-12-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Think in the old days a ST holder got a ticket for an early round in the cup competitions.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)