+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swindon

So pleased to get the 3 points. What a strange game. For 40 minutes we were poor, and then not to be undone for the rest of the game Swindon were even worse. There goalkeeper had an absolute nightmare, and it was as if there defenders were giving us every opportunity to score more goals. Under the circumstances difficult to read too much into our performance. Appears that at times League1 is every bit as unpredictable as league2 is at times.

Won't do Charlie any harm to warm the bench for a couple of games. Another option is to try Charlie in the Ainley role.

Is it being so cheery that keeps you going
    Lukcour?

Thought McGarry was being well over the top in his interview with DA when he asked if that was Powell's best game ever. Powell played very well compared to the rest of this season but not a patch on last year.

Why is it that, as RWSpartan suggests, some people think we only ever win because the opposition is poor (MKD or WA), haven’t turned up (PU) or aren’t fit (ST)? Can’t we just recognise the fact that we were better than them and celebrate the fact? The truth is that no team plays well every match ans no team always get what they deserve.

I was all for moaning about how poor we were in the latter days of the Davis regime or the dreadful standard of player we had to put up with - Ada, Mitchel-King, Verma and others - that the Icelander brought in. The worst experience of my supporting the Alex was when I went to Darlo to watch us, picking up an old school mate near York in the way. After a minute standing in the cold and drizzle behind the goal at the dump that was Feethams Mark Smith brought down their forward, was sent off and they scored from the penalty. We then had to endure the rest of the match watching the most dire exhibition of what passed for football I’ve ever paid for.

Everything is relative. We have an exciting bunch of players - no Ashton, RJones or DMurphy maybe - trying to play passing football. Let’s be happy when it comes off as it did against Peterborough, MK and for 45 minutes on Tuesday. At least we are trying. I’m happier to watch that with its attendant frustrations than getting a sore neck watching Newport or celebrating getting into the attacking third once every Preston Guild as must happen to Gills fans.

We have decent footballers and an entertaining manager - smile ��

😃

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12