+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Coventry City v The Millers

MillersMad Matchthread - Coventry City v The Millers

After what was a horrible listen that totally ruined tha game for most of us we're back to listening to our own commentators today. I for 1 hope that we don't feachure on Sky again this season. Not only do they not allow overseas subscribers to access ifollow but it is such a bias or patronising listen by a group of annalists and commentators that it spoils any enjoyment.

On to todays game.
    Some are saying that todays match is a 6 pointer and others aren't and are saying that it's too early int season. Personally I think that every game is a game that should have everything thrown at it.
    I'm also thinking that instead of trying to win each game, we should be picking our strongest team for the games where we have a better chance of winning whilst playing a more resolute and defencive game against the teams that we're likely to lose against.
    Many may seriously dissagree and say that we should be trying to win each game but realistically we know that we can't possibly do that. Yes we have the same size squad as other teams but we don't have the same depth of quality so something has to give. Especially just until we have some of our injured players back.

Heaven knows what team he'll pick today but the 3 midfielders are doing well and keeping Barlaser out. How is that posible? Barlaser is a different class but these 3 have upped their game and are doing well. The youthfulness of Wiles sees him continue to be first choice and Crooks is finding form but then Lindsay, welm he's been seen running to Birmingham for todays match!

We can win today and move back above Coventry, let's hope this is tha case and we're singing the praises of all of the people involved.

Enjoy the game boys and girls!!

Up The Millers!

Bonjour froglet, trust you are well. A level headed post as always and yes we cannot beat every team but, the lads must go out with the mental attitude that they can. Just for once I would like Paul Warne not to praise the opposition and go on about their class and standing in the table etc.

This IS a winnable game. Our squad is more than able to compete with Coventry today. Like you, I wish we had a full squad to choose from and our injured players were back but, we have more than held our own up to now in the Championship. I like the 3-5-2 formation and it appears to work well so more today please Warney.

For me it has to be a win today although some might say a point will do. No, we must win this one in order to try to get out of the bottom pack and push on to a more comfortable position before the Xmas period is over. Onwards and upwards....UTM!

Bonjour Mon ami.
    A good opening post.
    I think your Match thread may go viral today.
    Enjoy the game everyone.
    I'm going for a difficult afternoon and a hard fought 2-1 win.

Come on you REDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Bonjour froglet, trust you are well. A level headed post as always and yes we cannot beat every team but, the lads must go out with the mental attitude that they can. Just for once I would like Paul Warne not to praise the opposition and go on about their class and standing in the table etc.

This IS a winnable game. Our squad is more than able to compete with Coventry today. Like you, I wish we had a full squad to choose from and our injured players were back but, we have more than held our own up to now in the Championship. I like the 3-5-2 formation and it appears to work well so more today please Warney.

For me it has to be a win today although some might say a point will do. No, we must win this one in order to try to get out of the bottom pack and push on to a more comfortable position before the Xmas period is over. Onwards and upwards....UTM!
    Couldn't agree more Brin regarding the point about Warne "bigging up" the opposition. Its every fecking week. Give it a rest man. We get it. Other clubs have spent lots of money and have better players etc, etc.

I dont get the facination with 352. Looks like Warne is happy to continue with it though.

Its a defensive formation, effectively 541, designed to congest the space between the width of the penalty box to neutralises teams that play through the middle. You only have one player naturally out wide between the edge of the 18 yard line and touchline.

Tough to defend against sides that play 442/433 and attack out wide (been watching Cov highlights and they seem to play 442).

When we have the ball its really hard to get the wide players forward to support the attack and slows down any counter. We then rely on slow ball and set plays.

That aside, very few managers use it as their default system.* Its usually adopted in last ditch desparation. If it was any good, surely more sides would use it?

Realistically we have to pick the formation to suit the match; ie how we approach the game ourselves and how we expect the opposition to set up.

I'm also of the opinion that we can't approach every game the same way, for one we won't always have the same squad available. And the 2 games a week is tougher for some players than others.

I"d be happy with a defeat to Watford if we can win today. Better than 2 draws anyway.

Enjoy the game and enjoy the celebrations

With a positive attitude we can win this one.

1-2 millers.

0-3 Millers

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    0-3 Millers
    Good positivity. Lol.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast