+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Villa Away.....

Villa Away.....

So..
    We played last Friday night away to Palace and are due to play again this Friday night away to Villa...

But...

Our players have not trained since last Thursday...

Our ENTIRE squad are self isolating and at least 5 are positive...

Surely, regardless of how many players are positive, playing a game without training is risking serious injury....

We SHOULD NOT be made to travel and play this Friday...

I have had to stay at home for 10 days now and I am not allowed out until the weekend, because a workmate tested positive....

Even if we could play Sunday or Monday to allow a session for those returning?

But... in the interests of safety (player AND covid wise) the game should be postponed!!!!

Just read an article on twitter from the mag...

Not being able to train does not allow a game to be postponed....

What the eff happened to duty of care? High wages and TV importance means players health seasons can be put at risk by playing the game regardless!

Was reading the Players cant even train outside at home as well

Exactly.... if you are self isolating... you cannot train..

Covid rules (actually law) state... housebound for 14 days...

How on earth are our players allowed to play? Even the ones that test negative?

I tested negative last Monday, but I have still had to remain indoors since sat 21st nov... as I said above, because a workmate tested positive....

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Exactly.... if you are self isolating... you cannot train..

Covid rules (actually law) state... housebound for 14 days...

How on earth are our players allowed to play? Even the ones that test negative?

I tested negative last Monday, but I have still had to remain indoors since sat 21st nov... as I said above, because a workmate tested positive....
    the club have asked for the game to be postponed, now at least 10 players have tested positive.

THIS will set the precedent on the rules or show how fickle the PL are.

The PL claim, as long as a youth player has played 1 minute for the first team, they need to be counted as being able to turn out in the first 11 .

So basically we could field a team of kids that have played 1 minute for us their entire career.

I will be surprised if the PL allow us to postpone the game, i can see it now we get refused and the same thing happens to a top 6 club and they get the postponement based on their volume of games and euro participation.

Maybe im being facetious but the PL are dlcks when it comes to our club

Junior players are not in the same bubble as the 1st team players... so surely that creates a covid risk?

But my strongest feelings are making people take part in a high tempo sport having not trained adequately for over a week...
    (Aside from the obvious jokes that they have not been trained adequately for almost 18 months now)

This game should NOT take place

Keith Downie on SSN reporting that the game is increasingly likely to be postponed....

I think the F.A counts playing Fifa as training.

They are now saying that junior players who have turned out for other clubs whilst out on loan, are now classed as 1st team players...

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    High wages and TV importance means players health seasons can be put at risk by playing the game regardless!
    Answered your own question, Mick.

Mind, you can add to that the PL do things differently as far as NUFC are concerned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)