+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: THAT wonderful Tottenham Texaco Cup win

THAT wonderful Tottenham Texaco Cup win

Super wee memory boost from Andy Ross on the official club site (for those of a certain vintage). Like Graham B, I was also there, with several school friends, of whom only 2 were actually 'Well fans but who brought moral and morale support. FP was HEAVING I watched half the game on a friend's shoulders and he, similarly, on mine! I was the lucky one .... I saw all 3 'Well goals. He saw Spurs' goal. It was a raucous night esp after the game. I was hoarse going to school the next day. On being asked about the defeat Martin Peters (@r5eh0le) could only contend that "FP was all muck and nettles" Hardly gracious or intelligible. Sore loser. (Footnote to GB ....ironically I now live in Prestwick and travel to FP for home games.... glad I drive the bus service hasn't improved) Thank you again Andy Ross.

I was there too and agree that it was great to be in the packed ground. I suppose it might happen than another UK wide competition might arrive in the future but I can't see the biggest clubs signing up.

The FPC piece about the game is here (http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news...85/index.shtml)

and GB's piece about that match day programme appeared in GLF 11 (http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/sngl...13/index.shtml)

Given some previous reads on various sites the past 10 days, and 1 to 1 briefings from some older chums, I feel as though I was at the game. But, I wasn't. Sounds like a 'rerr-terr'
    As for Mr Martin Peters ... '@r5ehole' does him no justice; he was more akin to acting like a pure phanney I believe.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)