+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Matty James

Matty James

I've read today that Dane wants to extend his loan to E O S , The Reds are happy with his performances on and off the field , " he brings something different to the squad , he also adds some valuable experience too " Matty is happy to be playing here ! So we have had talks with our counterparts at Leicester , It's their decision now to see what they will want of Matty ,
    It would be great if he extended his stay here , Leicester would want a fee , could we afford him ? I reckon a more stabilised Championship club will come and nick him personally !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I've read today that Dane wants to extend his loan to E O S , The Reds are happy with his performances on and off the field , " he brings something different to the squad , he also adds some valuable experience too " Matty is happy to be playing here ! So we have had talks with our counterparts at Leicester , It's their decision now to see what they will want of Matty ,
    It would be great if he extended his stay here , Leicester would want a fee , could we afford him ? I reckon a more stabilised Championship club will come and nick him personally !
    Won't be the fee Roma which will be minimal due to him being a free agent next summer .

The wages are another matter of course .

That said the big wages aren't kicking around the championship this season and covid free next summer the impact will still be around economically .

Half a sniff maybe .

Would you want him to sign permanently ? It's a yes from me , the type of quality we need , injuries apart , he has a good few years left in him , sounds like he his a top Pro too , Down to wages ? Or maybe player coach is the lines I'm thinking of , offer him something now , other clubs will be monitoring this situation , someone like Derby or Forest for example , they may appeal to him more than us ?

Without Covid guess we would all agree unlikely he would be at Oakwell in January but the fact he has not excelled and club budgets tight as a ducks a**e 50/50 he stays. In my opinion we should try and do a deal with Leicester even if we are asked to pay a few more Queens heads to his monthly bank account. Good insurance policy at staying safe and secure in the Championship this season without taking a risk on someone else coming in who will need time to settle. We have Kane biting at the bit so for me no need to change anything mid field wise- over to Chien Conway & Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Would you want him to sign permanently ? It's a yes from me , the type of quality we need , injuries apart , he has a good few years left in him , sounds like he his a top Pro too , Down to wages ? Or maybe player coach is the lines I'm thinking of , offer him something now , other clubs will be monitoring this situation , someone like Derby or Forest for example , they may appeal to him more than us ?
    I'd love him to sign , he's championship plus and worth a decent wage within reason .

If Mowatt does go in January I'd throw him the captain's armband too .

It’s a yes from me.
    And it’s interesting that Dane wants to keep him.
    Because - after listening to BIG VAL on Radio Sheffield he is saying we have too many central midfielders and not enough players in other positions - and the squad is unbalanced and needs sorting out in January.
    It’s going to be interesting to see what happens in January.
    Because after listening to the signals Val is sending out - then if the directors don’t support Val - then I can see Val walking.
    Mark my words here.

Seems a pipe dream keeping James here let's be honest fellas. We are way below his wage requirements even wi Covid.

However, I'm more optimistic about Styles laikin CM in James' or Mowatts absence. Herbie Kane looks to ev an all round game to keep midfield ticking ova. Wiv a good selection o midfielders at minute.

My priority would be a left back in January