+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 45 Years.

Still think Killer Queen is their best track ..... remember them vividly on Top of the Pops .... Freddie in some outrageous fur outfit .... quite like Bohemian Rhapsody ... although the operatic chorus is a bore .... generally not a Queen fine ... but they had a few decent tunes ....

I have not been a big fan of Queen, either, and I too, find Bohemian Rhapsody unpleasant.

In January, it will be 65 years since Elvis Presley released Heartbreak Hotel, his first No1. Now that really was a landmark record!

Mercury had an amazing vocal range which made Queen able to experiment more with their songs - these are the days of our lives is a personal favourite of mine and I enjoyed the film Bohemian Rhapsody.

I cannot stand most modern music which is probably me showing my age, but Gerry Cinnamon is well worth a listen - he's authentic and a bit different to your Ed Sheeran types.

What are your guilty pleasures musically then? I am partial to a bit of Roxette and the Backstreet Boys in the car by meself

Never been a Queen fan. I think that you always prefer the music of your late ****s and early twenties. I'm a fan of sixties music as that was the era when I was that age.

Their 2 best tracks for me were Seven Seas of Rhye and Who Wants To Live Forever. They also recorded far too much dross considering he was a talented vocal range artist such as Fat Bottomed Girls, mind ya there are plenty of em.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Mercury had an amazing vocal range which made Queen able to experiment more with their songs - these are the days of our lives is a personal favourite of mine and I enjoyed the film Bohemian Rhapsody.

I cannot stand most modern music which is probably me showing my age, but Gerry Cinnamon is well worth a listen - he's authentic and a bit different to your Ed Sheeran types.

What are your guilty pleasures musically then? I am partial to a bit of Roxette and the Backstreet Boys in the car by meself
    “The Sun Always Shines On Tv” by AHA gets my radio up and my windows down WCV but the ultimate for me....” More Than A Feeling” by Boston which is the last tune I want played as my coffin disappears behind its final curtain.

What a song, still gives me goosebumps after 44 years,

https://youtu.be/t4QK8RxCAwo

Little Feat have always been one of my all time favourite bands. The oft used phrase “The greatest rock ‘n roll band in the World” usually precedes The Rolling Stones on to stage, so true, I have loved the Stones’ music ever since I first heard it. I’ve been a big fan of Emmylou Harris since I first heard her, especially because of the quality of her backing bands. Currently I’m into the Cowboy Junkies. Over recent times, I have been to quite a lot of gigs by Albert Lee and by Wilko Johnson; Wilko’s bass player is awesome!

There will always be good and bad music, the sixties gave us among others Charlie Drake, Max Bygraves, Des O Connor, Rolf Harris and Englebert.
    The seventies gave us The Osmond's, Bay City Rollers, The Smurfs, David Cassidy and Jack Jones.
    I like music from that era but i also like today's stuff.
    The truth is we usually associate the music we like with times when we were young and carefree, but we only remember the sunny days the more distance the past becomes, so we get a distorted view.
    I have always been happy so i don't have a particular favourite era of music.

45 years ago 2 very significant albums for me were released - The Last Record Album (Little Feat) and Born To Run (Bruce Springs****). 46 years ago saw the release of 461 Ocean Boulevard (Eric Clapton). Doesn’t seem that long ago.

My tastes are wide ranging. At the moment I am rediscovering early Tamla Motown. I am hearing it differently than I did as a youth; it seems better.

I liked Queen, there, I've said it. I also liked Ska, reggae and a smattering of punk during the 80s. I still like everything I liked back then but I also enjoyed music in the rave years. More into ambient chill these days although I do like a bit of Smoove and Turrell as well. Went to see them live at the Hare and Hounds in Kings Heath, a good night was had.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)