+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 45 Years.

45 Years.

Since Bohemian Rhapsody was number one.

That went quick.

That’s the strange thing about a classic piece of music.......to think of the time before it existed.

Once you’ve heard it it’s like it’s always been there.

Makes you wonder how Freddie Mercury ever came up with the idea because it’s bonkers really.

Hi Mick, everybody has one song or group when their music comes on in the car, you can't hit the mute button quick enough.
    For me it's anything by Queen, but my wife likes them so if she's in the car I have leave it on.

I'm with you Soulman. I am very much a rocker but can't abide Queen, especially Boh Rhap. I think there may have been one Queen song I was okay with but I can't remember it's title. I won't lose any sleep over it though.

The song Bohemian Rhapsody stopped Trail of the Lonesome Pine by Laurel and Hardy from reaching number one, travesty!

I should stress I’m not a Queen fan.

I love “Seven Seas Of Rye” and “Best Friend” but after that I only really liked “I Want To Break Free”.

Like with most bands the earliest stuff is by far their best.

It was the same with The Rubette’s.

What song or music ,makes you go for mute or off button Mick.

i thought I was alone in hating Bohemian Rhapsody, it seems not. Another record that would make me dislocate my spine in trying to get to the radio to turn off is Mull of Kintyre. What a boring load of complete toss and it was around for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    What song or music ,makes you go for mute or off button Mick.
    I can’t stand the middle of the road dross served up by the like of Ed Sheeran and James Bay Lloyd And George Ezra.

I hate almost every piece of new music I hear nowadays and it’s very rare if anything new comes on that I like.

I tend to only listen to 70’s music now.

Like I said earlier I rarely hear anything these days that I like but this one by The Blossoms grabbed me instantly......”There’s a reason why ( I never called you ) “

There’s something early 80’s about the production I really like.

I also found a video of them doing Blondie’s “Heart If Glass” live on Chris Evan’s radio show which is excellent......this guy can really sing.

Nice band.......here’s both songs,

https://youtu.be/nUx2WMPFIzg

https://youtu.be/UWcxbLC6mVQ

I have always so so hated Bohemian Rhapsody. It is guaranteed to always make me leap up to turn the radio off whenever it comes on. I do not like anything by Queen, I just find their distinctive sound and style to be grossly irritating. They have been incredibly popular and I have always known I am in the minority in such views so have kept quiet. I am glad to hear that I am not as alone in my feelings as I thought..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)