+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Team for Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Ive never seen us this bad in an attacking sense. Watching my team barely muster a shot on target most games has me worried but not panicking just yet. People can say we are 6th and ignore what they are seeing on the pitch all they want but what im seeing concerns me massively. I just dont see where results are going to come IF we dont change things. Because we took a couple of bad results we change our whole play style to not trying to win matches anymore, thats panicking IMO. Weve been played off the park by Peterhead ffs, scraped a 1-0 v Kelty Hearts and we don't look any better since those games.
    The thing is that we’ve ‘got away’ with a few this season and yesterday’s sort of result has been in the post for a while. Think back to St Johnstone and St Mirren away and the Sheep at home. All games finished 0-0, but you know that in every single one of them had the opposition got a goal, we were beat as we barely mustered anything up front in any of them. And so it finally proved yesterday.

I can’t see much changing in the near future, especially not next week against the new club, but looking ahead to the next few matches the home games against Killie and Well are critical. We need to be looking at getting a minimum of four points out of those.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    IMO we have the players if the formation and play style was to change. We dont play forward passes because we are always outnumbered. Our attacking threat looks like its supposed to come from wing backs which not 1 single player in our squad is. The team he puts out is a mess and has no intent on winning a game. Attack is the best form of defense is absolutely lost on this manager.
    Bottom line, this season is and always has been about staying in the league.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 06-12-2020 at 09:42 AM.

staying in the league is the main aim and we should never forget that but surely with the squad we have we could be doing much better going forward? we have decent attacking players who have shown previously that if you set them up correctly can cause problems for the opposition.

we don't even look like we want to attack teams. if we are solid defensively then good we might lose much but we never actively go and try win a game even against the poorer teams in the league.

a pretty tough run of games coming up so need to watch out or we can easily be dragged down into that relegation scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    😂
    A star from the East?

We played St Mirren a few weeks ago and the 3 points were there for the taking. They hadn't played in 4 weeks and had numerous debutants playing due to covid decimating their squad. We should have been ripping right in to them and trying to get the points and few goals in the process. As it was, their cobbled together squad managed 16 shots to our 4. 4 shots in 90 minutes against a weak St Mirren team that haven't played for 4 weeks?

[QUOTE=JamesMcClean;39639475]

I can’t see much changing in the near future, especially not next week against the new club.

Can we not just dinghy the game next week and take a 3-0 and 3 point loss. Could be beneficial in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    What I don't understand is why players need to self isolate for 14 days if they are being tested twice a week?
    What I don't understand Triple T is pretty much everything.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)