+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for Saturday

Team for Saturday

So you're United manager for the week. It's all down to you, get it wrong and you're Robbie Neilson, get it right and you'll have your own statue outside Tannadeechee.

Maradona is ruled out, Caniggia has retired, so you have to go with what's available.
    Do you stick with 5 at the back and hope the dots in front of it magically connect or be more adventurous with a 4?

I'm going for a 4 but I have a bit of a problem who to choose in front of it.

My first thought is

...Benji
    Smith..Edwards.. Reynolds...Robson
    Jeando...Powers...Sporle
    ......Clark..
    Shankland...McNulty

442 when defending 433 in attack. Keep it tight on the right and look for width from Adrian and Jamie. A pretty attacking lineup which could get run over in midfield resulting in no statue for me.

And fine Reynolds 50 quid every time he hits it high and long when unchallenged. Serious tbh.

Agree with this mate. But wld go with butcher instead of powers to begin with. Although he’s not been great think we may need a defensive mid with a bit of grit against a physical livi team.

Siegrist
    Smith Edwards Reynolds Robson
    Jeando Butcher Sporle
    Clark
    McNulty Shanks.

I suspect we'll see three at the back however.

Gonna be a battle this season one and a very important one for us, team looks good Stokie but think the knight is right about Butcher starting, will need to dig in right from the whistle.

Butcher's earned his right to keep his place after last week. He looked much better with Jeando beside him than the headless thanksgiving turkey.

Benji

Neilson Reynolds Edwards

L Smith Fuchs Butcher Robson

Clark Shanks McNulty

3-4-3 in attack and can be 5-4-1 defending with players dropping in

Would bring on sporle and appere at some time and maybe chalmers if fit

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Benji

Neilson Reynolds Edwards

L Smith Fuchs Butcher Robson

Clark Shanks McNulty

3-4-3 in attack and can be 5-4-1 defending with players dropping in

Would bring on sporle and appere at some time and maybe chalmers if fit
    Interesting selection at CB LSArab.

I've not seen Neilson play for us at CB yet so I don't know how good he is. Saw him play at right back and I wasn't impressed with him there tbh. Some nice touches, cultured, but not enough pace to be effective in that position.

I'd like to see him loaned out to a Championship club to see how he fares in competitive matches at that level. Don't see that happening though because I think MM will want to keep him on the bench as sub cover til the summer.

I think he'll stick to 3 at the back for this one. Seen a few saying Butcher is suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    I think he'll stick to 3 at the back for this one. Seen a few saying Butcher is suspended
    I think so too and yes, you're right enough, he's suspended. Picked up his 6th booking vs Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Siegrist
    Smith Edwards Reynolds Robson
    Jeando Butcher Sporle
    Clark
    McNulty Shanks.

I suspect we'll see three at the back however.
    this this this ah f ucking day, winna happen though

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)