+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Team for Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    The plan is awful. We are not playing in the English Premier League here. Its the SPL with teams full of players no better than ours and none of them have Shankland either. This current set up would see us struggling in the Championship. We look utterly dreadful and a persistence with this will see us at best in a relegation battle but honestly most likely relegated. Have we won a game playing 5 at the back?
    Ok so Top 6 in The Premiership but we would be struggling in The Championship. We all agree we are dreadful to watch but we need to be realistic about what we can achieve with our current squad.

Fair play to all the folk still paying to watch us. I could understand folk going to the games to give the players backing etc, but I don't see any reason to spend money to watch us when streaming the games at home.

Just judging by what folk are saying and from what I've seen so far, but we are dire. I reckon any half decent manager could come in and play 5 at the back and set us up defensively and get the same result as Mellon.

Mellon is now consistently giving us some of the worst football we've ever witnessed. I hope he can improve things and I'm not wanting him gone. But he's not convinced me he's any good so far.

I know folk will say it's all about safety bla bla bla. But it's a sh*te state of affairs and it sucks knowing we can't play any sort of decent football.

End of mild rant over.

same old same old when not playing 4 at the back

we can see it, yet MM cant which is a worry....

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Ok so Top 6 in The Premiership but we would be struggling in The Championship. We all agree we are dreadful to watch but we need to be realistic about what we can achieve with our current squad.
    Ye,agree.

Who in that team is going to step up and be our creative spark?

Playing 4 at the back will only make us lose more goals and is not going to all of a sudden make us a brilliant attacking force because we just don't have good enough players just now.

I've just listened to that Courts on DUTV and I am raging
    "A mature, controlled performance" First half
    What a load of absolute utter crap!!

At least Reynolds is honest - "Not good enough"
    Sloppy, poor passing, poor decisions - that's honest!! Take a look at yourself Courts and lesson 1 - be honest with the fans!!

Quote Originally Posted by tckeay83 View Post
    I've just listened to that Courts on DUTV and I am raging
    "A mature, controlled performance" First half
    What a load of absolute utter crap!!

At least Reynolds is honest - "Not good enough"
    Sloppy, poor passing, poor decisions - that's honest!! Take a look at yourself Courts and lesson 1 - be honest with the fans!!
    Think i have to be happy that i didnt witness that today! In the grand scheme, we are still in a good place, but that will almost certainly change next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    A bit of perspective needed. We are sitting 6th with mainly the same team as we had in The Championship (that were dreadful to watch). We didn't get the summer strengthening we all knew we needed because of the pandemic, uncertainty about being promoted and being without a manger for the large part.

We are woeful to watch but if you said we would sitting 6th at this stage most would have taken it. Of course we have to be more creative but this takes time and after 2 4-0 defeats we could have gone on a slump but Micky chose to make us difficult to beat and consolidated our mid table position. I am sure Mellon knows where we need to strengthen and the limitations in the present squad. Too soon to be saying we have had enough given where we have come from.
    ^^^ This. Think some folk on here have been taking a leaf out of the Celtic fans book. Talk about panic merchants. We were sh1te in the Championship, practically nothing has changed, and we're sh1te now. However by some miracle we are still sixth in the league. I honestly don't know what people expect the manager to do with this lot, he's not a miracle worker but we're still doing far better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    ^^^ This. Think some folk on here have been taking a leaf out of the Celtic fans book. Talk about panic merchants. We were sh1te in the Championship, practically nothing has changed, and we're sh1te now. However by some miracle we are still sixth in the league. I honestly don't know what people expect the manager to do with this lot, he's not a miracle worker but we're still doing far better than I expected.
    Heard somewhere there’s a miracle worker due in few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrys Hall View Post
    Heard somewhere there’s a miracle worker due in few weeks.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Ive never seen us this bad in an attacking sense. Watching my team barely muster a shot on target most games has me worried but not panicking just yet. People can say we are 6th and ignore what they are seeing on the pitch all they want but what im seeing concerns me massively. I just dont see where results are going to come IF we dont change things. Because we took a couple of bad results we change our whole play style to not trying to win matches anymore, thats panicking IMO. Weve been played off the park by Peterhead ffs, scraped a 1-0 v Kelty Hearts and we don't look any better since those games.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)