+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: England Cricket

England Cricket

Just watched Malan and Buttler take 80 off 5 overs v SA with the former making the latter look pedestrian. England white ball cricket is phenomenal. Remember when we used to open ODI with Cook and Trott?

I remember Boycott and Brearley opening in the World Cup Final in the 70’s and barely scraping 2 per over.

Roy is starting to look like the weak link.

World Cup is in India next year we'll need another spinner. An in form Moeen Ali would fit the bill nicely.

Can’t remember an England sports team looking so dominant since the rugby side in the early 2000s. Great thing is if 2-3 star batters fail we still have another 2-3 to win the match ..... good to watch too .... can’t see Joe Root getting back in the side with Malan in this form .... agree on the extra spinner for the WC ... would also like Wood back in side too given his pace ....

Is 20-20 really cricket? No subtlety in it. Too much of a slog fest for my liking. Five day test cricket is proper cricket, where tactics and strategy come into play. Also, cricket should be played in whites, with a red ball, not in garish pyjamas. Why the **** do they play loud music at 20-20 ‘matches’, it just isn’t cricket?

Totally agree. I think we're a dying breed though.

......and there was me thinking that I was in a minority of one!

You know what they say about minorities of one, don’t you?

Can’t beat Test Cricket.

As for Mark Wood........jeez!

I can deviate the ball off a straight line better than Wood, the least talented bowler you could imagine.

Bowls fast in a straight line.

Mick, would you really fancy facing Mark Wood coming at you at full pace? Not for me, thanks, the stumps would be shattered before I even saw the ball! I remember the first time I faced a really quick bowler, it was Halesowen Cricket Club and the 2nd XI were playing the first team in a practice match; the bowler was a bloke called Carl Williamson and he was f*****g quick......

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Mick, would you really fancy facing Mark Wood coming at you at full pace? Not for me, thanks, the stumps would be shattered before I even saw the ball! I remember the first time I faced a really quick bowler, it was Halesowen Cricket Club and the 2nd XI were playing the first team in a practice match; the bowler was a bloke called Carl Williamson and he was f*****g quick......

Wood is the most limited fast bowler I’ve seen in years Kets.

His test record bares that out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)