+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sports Personality 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    There is a "teacher of the year" award?? Did you win it? Did you feel satisfied / smug or just reckon it was a crap idea (until you got nominated!!)

I guess this year it will be won by Alexa
    There is. No I didn’t. Yes I think it’s a bit daft.

Very harsh on those teachers who’ve been working throughout the pandemic and all those who’ve been working since September and throughout the second lockdown. Up there with hospital staff, delivery drivers and shop workers imo.

There are also Accountant of the Year Awards...although they were cancelled this year owing to bean counters being a bit bothered about mixing with other bean counters.
    Been rescheduled for the JW Marriott, Grosvenor, London on 15th Sept. 2021 in case you get the call.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    There is. No I didn’t. Yes I think it’s a bit daft.

Very harsh on those teachers who’ve been working throughout the pandemic and all those who’ve been working since September and throughout the second lockdown. Up there with hospital staff, delivery drivers and shop workers imo.

There are also Accountant of the Year Awards...although they were cancelled this year owing to bean counters being a bit bothered about mixing with other bean counters.
    Been rescheduled for the JW Marriott, Grosvenor, London on 15th Sept. 2021 in case you get the call.
    Well I never knew that. But I shant be investing in a new tux to go see a load of self congratulatory bollux, no matter what the industry. Although perhaps your "rear of the year" award might pique an interest. By that I don't mean your rear of the year that is, although I'm sure its very cute........

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Well I never knew that. But I shant be investing in a new tux to go see a load of self congratulatory bollux, no matter what the industry. Although perhaps your "rear of the year" award might pique an interest. By that I don't mean your rear of the year that is, although I'm sure its very cute........
    Oh God...that’s a ‘pretty little head’ and a ‘cute rear’ within the last 24 hours. Go and have a lie down.

Oh God...that’s a ‘pretty little head’ and a ‘cute rear’ within the last 24 hours. Go and have a lie down.
    Mm rA with a pretty little head and cute rear, the mind boggles!

Tyson Fury has requested his name bee removed from SPOTY as he doesn't need such an "award"!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Tyson Fury has requested his name bee removed from SPOTY as he doesn't need such an "award"!
    Translation, ‘I’m not likely to win so I don’t want to be entered’. BBC apparently reluctant to remove him...don’t understand why.

Translation, ‘I’m not likely to win so I don’t want to be entered’. BBC apparently reluctant to remove him...don’t understand why.
    Possibly, though I actually suspect the guy isn't interested, he values his standing in his sport not some pseudo popularity contest that means diddly squat!

I know what you mean about it having turned into a ‘popularity contest’ but whoever wins will be in some great company...from Jim Laker, Stirling Moss, Bobby Moore and Henry Cooper to Botham, Coe, Jonny Wilkinson and Ben Stokes. Can’t be that bad.

I know what you mean about it having turned into a ‘popularity contest’ but whoever wins will be in some great company...from Jim Laker, Stirling Moss, Bobby Moore and Henry Cooper to Botham, Coe, Jonny Wilkinson and Ben Stokes. Can’t be that bad.
    But those people are "greats" in their respective sports, and there are many other equally great people who haven't won it, presumably because they don't have the public profile. Mind you naming Andy Murray sports personality of the year is a misnomer!

Well have never watched more than a few minutes of it, not bothered who wins and I suspect it ranks pretty low on the winners aspirations in life!

I've played a round of golf with our Enery, really nice guy but I couldn't keep pace in the bar later

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)