+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK we won ....... but that was HORRENDOUS to watch !!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    When Cauley scored the pen he grabbed the ball and in doing so made a statement that we were only interested in the 3 points .

I thought at the time it kinda summed up where we are at .

The subs were made to win the game not protect the 1-1 .

I'll take the downside to this because on occasions they will be some , but at the same time it's nice to see such a positive attitude at this level .

I think it's fair to say Val and his team have no interest in the draw ....... to say the least .
    Yep totally agree wi that mate. We'll come the cropper at times which is to be expected but with the intent and work rate I saw tonight, I wunt be surprised if we reeled off a good few away wins this season. Bring it on as far as I'm concerned.

Great win and a bit of luck for a change with the slight deflection with super styles goal I'll take them all season

I’m thinking that this win shows a lot about the team.Thought we may get turned over ( despite a prediction League RARE success for me ).
    The main thing is that we are being PATIENT in games. Early Last year we went one down and we then made stupid errors to make amends.
    This season we seem to be thinking “ it’ll come”
    Doesn’t always work, but it’s working more than not. There’s some clever managers in this League, and the second half usually sees teams getting found out.
    Did we sit back a bit second half to conserve a bit of energy too.......... ? The clever use of subs tonight, and the energy it injected was very telling......

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’m thinking that this win shows a lot about the team.Thought we may get turned over ( despite a prediction League RARE success for me ).
    The main thing is that we are being PATIENT in games. Early Last year we went one down and we then made stupid errors to make amends.
    This season we seem to be thinking “ it’ll come”
    Doesn’t always work, but it’s working more than not. There’s some clever managers in this League, and the second half usually sees teams getting found out.
    Did we sit back a bit second half to conserve a bit of energy too.......... ? The clever use of subs tonight, and the energy it injected was very telling......

Very good point there Jules abart the subs. With Valerie's high intensity style, the 5 subs rule laiks reight into our hands in my opinion. Tha could see early in the second aif that certain players were perhaps lagging but the penalty gave us a second wind then shortly after the subs came on to keep up the attacking onslaught.

Maybe in games when we are on top and we don't get the goal our play deserves, it can be a bit disheartening. Tekkin thi chances and gerrin goals giz thi mooar energy. Summat to work on fo Val and his boys.

Hope am wrong , and impressed so far with the new HC results wise , i still question his man management , he could prove to be right about certain issues , he could however take things too far , and we all know how that ends , let's hope it stays fine forrim , he's certainly an improvement on Struber and his negative ways ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Hope am wrong , and impressed so far with the new HC results wise , i still question his man management , he could prove to be right about certain issues , he could however take things too far , and we all know how that ends , let's hope it stays fine forrim , he's certainly an improvement on Struber and his negative ways ,
    It's the French mentality Roma some on em a barmpots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12