+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brentford Post Match Thoughts

I think we did the best we could against a very very good team tonight. I hope Warny does not ditch the 352 after this result but we all know that he cant wait to change it when he gets a bad result when playing 2 up top.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I agree lol we were headless chickens at times.
    Yes, gave away too many fowls

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    They were quality we weren’t.
    We gave away far too many fouls.
    4th from bottom is the target.
    Sky commentators ****ers
    Second line is as a result of the first. If we went toe to toe on the ball we would have been destroyed.

The issue with sky commentators is that they see brentford say 10 times a season and us once or twice. They seem them every year whereas us every second year. They know them inside out and for us they clearly do a little bit of half hearted homework before the game but truly no next to nothing about us. In the studio etc when they talk about us there is no detail because they dont actually know. They dont want to know. We are irrelevant to them really. We make up the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Yes, gave away too many fowls
    And got to many booking and a red.

I didn't see the game but feel a bit sorry for Miller. Not been on the 'competitive stage' for ages, gets booked within a minute then gives away a penalty and gets sent off. Talk about a bad day, must be feeling ****e tonight.

In the 1st half we pressed higher up the pitch. We came out in the 2nd half and didn't try press until they got to almost the halfway line. They score within minutes.

Why not carry on the high press? That's nothing to do with how good the opposition are, it's about what we do. Isn't that why we do all our cross country runs in training?

Yes, Brentford were miles better and have more money. Unfortunately we also lost at home to Luton and Millwall.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me how fickle some football fans are.
    To say we can't compete, haven't got the players, div one etc is so negative particularly after the Bmouth performance.

They were just better than us over the 95 minutes and it's no surprise considering their budget. Their recent record against all the other cship sides is very good and they are on a roll.
    But credit must be given to Brentford because they,ve made their own money.

It's 46 games and it's only December.
    We,ve injuries with two of our best players out for months
    Unbelievably fickle

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    In the 1st half we pressed higher up the pitch. We came out in the 2nd half and didn't try press until they got to almost the halfway line. They score within minutes.

Why not carry on the high press? That's nothing to do with how good the opposition are, it's about what we do. Isn't that why we do all our cross country runs in training?

Yes, Brentford were miles better and have more money. Unfortunately we also lost at home to Luton and Millwall.
    I think the high press disappeared due to tiredness not because of a change in tactics

Contained them first half and second half got overun by that extra quality.
    Not much else to say, we're too dependent on set pieces.
    We're not far off, need to do some wheeling and dealing in January. Next 6 matches I doubt we will get anymore than 6 points.
    We are what we are, we are where we are.

How come it’s an ex Brentford player in the studio with Keith Andrew sticking up for us? Ah I know they sacked Scott Minto! Would have thought they could have found an ex Rotherham player tho.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast