+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Brentford Post Match Thoughts

I agree with having a sensible debate and some comments make a lot of sense about budgets etc.

However we are getting a reputation of a dirty team. Last night was ridiculous with the professional fouls they are called.
    Surely we are better than this?

Personally I think the players are better than just hoofing it and fouling repeatedly

We lack the guile, intellect and cutting edge to be successful in the championship. What we lack in quality we sometimes make up for by being able to outmuscle
    and sometimes outlast other teams but last night we appeared weak and off the pace.
    We played far too many blind passes and clearances that went to no man's land or a brentford player.
    We missed far too many opportunities to put pressure on our opponents by putting the ball into the box but chose to go backwards.
    One thing we lacked last night that we usually have in abundance is desire.
    One or two players in my opinion didn't show up and didn't seem interested.
    Something didn't seem right and I'm not really sure what it is but mark my words if there isn't a substantial improvement we will be going back to where we came from

Did Vassell come on and ask where am I playing? 😂

Of the subs that came on only Hirst showed a little bit of sparkle.Olosundae was as good as any.Ickie will be back on Saturday and I would also replace Mattock with Clarke and keep the same formation in a game we can win.

I didn't understand the Miller for mattock sub either, it should have been Clarke. If it was Clarke then they would have been less likely to have won the penalty, he would either have been in a better position closer to the man or more likely would have taken him out outside of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    I didn't understand the Miller for mattock sub either, it should have been Clarke. If it was Clarke then they would have been less likely to have won the penalty, he would either have been in a better position closer to the man or more likely would have taken him out outside of the box.
    Paul Warne isn’t Mourinho or Klopp or Guardiola, he makes mistakes, he gets it wrong.

Last night's match was made worserer because of the quality of the commentary.

We're not that bad! We have injuries to key players!

We're staying in this league!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Did Vassell come on and ask where am I playing? 😂
    No he came on & asked " why am I playing". 😝

Let's be realistic.
    Not one of our players would get into the Brentford or Bournemouth teams and, with the possible exception of Barlaser, not one of our squad would get into the vast majority of teams in the Championship.
    We have a decent group of players by Rotherham United standards but, in any given match, we need all of them to play to their absolute maximum and leave every last drop of energy on the pitch. Anything less and we lose.
    We knew this was the case before the season started and nothing has changed and neither will it if we are to continue to be financially viable.
    Be careful what you wish for and enjoy the rollercoaster ride.

Just seen the highlights and their No7 must be pretty nippy to have gotten away from Miller who's no slouch himself I believe. Maybe we need DK Matcalf?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast