+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brentford Post Match Thoughts

Remember that PW is seeing the game from pitch level, we see it from a high camera angle where the raggedness of the formation is more obvious. As is the tiredness of the players on the opposite side of the pitch to him.

9 games in 33 days including tonight's so we'd better get the hang of resting/squad rotation or we'll be going to Everton after that lot and putting a stain on our stellar FA Cup record

0/3 pts so far but I think we'll need 10/24 or better from the next 8 to keep our heads above water.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not an entirely unexpected result but the manner of the defeat was disappointing

I’m half expecting a change in shirt sponsor to Massey Ferguson, we were very agricultural
    Think the Players lacked rotavation

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    think the players lacked rotavation

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    9 games in 33 days including tonight's so we'd better get the hang of resting/squad rotation or we'll be going to Everton after that lot and putting a stain on our stellar FA Cup record

0/3 pts so far but I think we'll need 10/24 or better from the next 8 to keep our heads above water.
    It only needs a couple off isolating with covid and we might not play at all

Only the second time Ive got to see us this year.* For me it showed up the strength and weakness of a 352 system from first half to second.

We play a high press when they have the ball in their half.* But, when we defend our penalty box, the system becomes 5 at the back; we also drop a forward off so its 4 across midfield. The system is designed to get numbers into the width of the penalty box. There is only one player naturally out wide in the channel of the edge of the penalty area and touchline.

It puts a huge physical demands and tactical nouse on the middle 5 (the midfield 3 and 2 wide players).

First half Brentford played through the middle and into the stregth of a 352 system and easy for us.*

Second half they put 2 players out wide on each touchline which stretched us across the width pitch. They controlled the game by switching from one touchline to the other. It meant we could not put pressure on the ball. When the energy levels of our middle 5 dropped off, it was game over.

First goal we did not have the numbers out wide to put pressure on either of the 2 crosses.* Second goal our back 3 were out of position out wide on the half wah line that left Miller 1 on 1 through the middle - poor defending.

Brentford were the better side. We have to stay competitive and hope to pick up the odd result to keep out the bottom 3. Total fantasy to think that with better tactics from Warne we could be competing in the top half of the table.* Warne has a problem whether to continue with 3 at the back.

Just my thoughts.

Sensible post Wan.

I’ve asked this before and never got an answer.

Who would do a better job than Warne with the resources we have available?

Funny though I’ve never had anything from anyone.

Brentford spent £5 million on a striker.
    He’s better than anything we’ve got by a mile.
    We simply run out of steam last night and the quality of our opponent was just too much for us.
    Every player is putting a shift in. It may not be enough for some but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Sensible post Wan.

We simply run out of steam last night and the quality of our opponent was just too much for us.
    Every player is putting a shift in. It may not be enough for some but it is what it is.
    agree with the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Sensible post Wan.

Eddie Howe?
    Nathan Jones?
    Anyway who’s asking for Warney to leave?
    Last edited by millertop; 02-12-2020 at 08:24 AM.

It's a bit of a hypothetical question pocket,. Maybe that's why you haven't had a answer. Steve Evans did a better job that warne but we wouldn't swap him.

Another hypothetical question. If TS said, I'm investing 100m in the club. Would you want warne to be in charge to spend the money?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast