+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Brentford Post Match Thoughts

Like several posters, something was missing last night, a bit of pace and desire?? We can't just keep defending and hoof it up to no one, it just keeps coming back. Against teams in the top half, they will make 1 good chance and take it, we don't.

I like the 3-5-2 and think it suits the players we have. What is so disappointing is what happened to us keeping the ball like against Reading??? Did that vanish with the Macdonald broken leg??

On to the next match versus Coventry, this is a match where we must get something( not a hiding). Hope Godden is still out, he wasn't in the squad last night. Icky back in, Wood out. Clarke in for Mattock( bit more in the legs). UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Like several posters, something was missing last night, a bit of pace and desire?? We can't just keep defending and hoof it up to no one, it just keeps coming back. Against teams in the top half, they will make 1 good chance and take it, we don't.

I like the 3-5-2 and think it suits the players we have. What is so disappointing is what happened to us keeping the ball like against Reading??? Did that vanish with the Macdonald broken leg??

On to the next match versus Coventry, this is a match where we must get something( not a hiding). Hope Godden is still out, he wasn't in the squad last night. Icky back in, Wood out. Clarke in for Mattock( bit more in the legs). UTM.
    Well we were ok in the first half but in the second we looked much more tired. That's when players get rid of the ball rather than run with it so passes are risked and go astray.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill39636866
    Well we were ok in the first half but in the second we looked much more tired. That's when players get rid of the ball rather than run with it so passes are risked and go astray.
    Yes they looked tired and to be honest I'm not surprised. If we agree that Brentford have better players throughout their squad, then giving them an extra day to recuperate (they played Friday) and make one (forced) change our the team compared to their 3 then its no wonder we looked leggy in the last third of the game.

I am convinced that we will come good, but losing is not the best way to gain confidence. An epiphany similar to the ones Luton and Barnsley had last season, albeit plus the bit of luck (Wigan) would not go amiss. We do have the players when they are fit and we need to keep digging out points until we get Ogbene and the others back. personally I would build the side around the Barlaser/Lindsay axis with Ladapo and Hurst up front.

Watching a full replay of the game and we should have had a penalty when Olosunde was brought down around 23 minutes. Is it too late to invoke VAR and fetch the play back?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678