+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any surprises so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Is their squad that much better than ours?
    No but we have a lot injured and fans saying we can’t compete

I remember PW saying that he'd watched Luton a number of times last season and he said they were very good and couldn't understand why they were in a relegation spot.
    They ultimately escaped and have obviously tweaked a few things this season to transform into a mid table club
    A Change of Manager too during the first lockdown so obviously they've got some momentum from that

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I remember PW saying that he'd watched Luton a number of times last season and he said they were very good and couldn't understand why they were in a relegation spot.
    They ultimately escaped and have obviously tweaked a few things this season to transform into a mid table club
    A Change of Manager too during the first lockdown so obviously they've got some momentum from that
    Yes sometimes refreshing the managerial team can give a boost to results even with the same squad of players. Even a short run of success can be just enough to avoid relegation, or to sneak into a play off place.

Barnsley have also changed their Manager recently too and it seems to have had the same effect
    I'm not for one minute suggesting we change ours but just highlighting that some clubs find a manager who gets the best out of them and is a good fit

We 've already found ours

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Is their squad that much better than ours?
    Their experience of a miraculous escape last season has given them impetuous to push on. That’s the difference.
    If we can stay up, I believe we will become more competitive the following season.

Plus we have also got some potentially good players emerging , Styles ( one to watch ) Brittain showing to be a great signing , Woodrow is quality too , personally I think we both will be safe from the drop , apologies for invading your board with my thoughts , I will scuttle back to where I belong !!!

Britains, wasn't that the toy shop across from Barnsley library?

Looks like the toys are still available anyway, even if the shop isn't there.

https://britainsfarmtoys.co.uk/history

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Their experience of a miraculous escape last season has given them impetuous to push on. That’s the difference.
    If we can stay up, I believe we will become more competitive the following season.
    Isn't it the same thing for you lot though ?.
    Don't tell me that us staying up meant more impetus than your team going up!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Isn't it the same thing for you lot though ?.
    Don't tell me that us staying up meant more impetus than your team going up!.
    We were second for most of the season and then was in a bit of loose form before being promoted in PPG.
    I think the most honest of Rotherham will admit we were fortunate to get promoted. Peterborough and Sunderland were closing fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    We were second for most of the season and then was in a bit of loose form before being promoted in PPG.
    I think the most honest of Rotherham will admit we were fortunate to get promoted. Peterborough and Sunderland were closing fast.
    I don't know abaart your teams season 'scum', and Im obviously only trying to offer my own opinion based on previous facts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast