+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: National League PPG Table

Still no confirmation that there will be no relegation to tier 6 or that the NLN and NLS will be voided or "Curtailed" as there has to be yet another vote to confirm it apparently. "Curtailed" as opposed to "Null and void" seemingly opens up the possibility of restructuring based on where clubs were at PPG wise. They were planning to restructure at tier 7 level anyway but I don't know if "curtailment" effects tier 6 clubs or leaves Dover vulnerable to losing their 5th tier status. Who knows anything when it comes to the National League?

Here's the PPG Table (Expunged Version) after today's much improved performance.
    It's tight for the play-off places and I guess at this stage the top 11 are all in with a chance.
    Staying in 2nd/3rd is entirely in our own hands.
    Top spot isn't and we can only rely on Sutton doing a 'Torquay'.

Name:  Table 20210320.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  87.1 KB

Sir Jimmy and Neil Warnock achieved their success at the club by assembling a team that was greater than the sum of its parts.
    The current team is exactly the opposite and we limp along thanks to individual flashes of brilliance, in otherwise abject displays.
    Here's the current expunged version of the PPG table, which sees us slip to fourth.

Name:  Table 20210323.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  89.1 KB
    Last edited by 60YearsAPie; 24-03-2021 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Can't spell Neil

We're up to 3rd after yesterday's results, above Torquay and behind Sutton & Hartlepool.

Three games in hand now on Sutton, Theoretically we could be three points behind them if those three games in hand yielded 9 points and we won our home fixture against them. So not quite in our own hands but not far off.

Sutton also still to play Torquay and Hartlepool at home.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We're up to 3rd after yesterday's results, above Torquay and behind Sutton & Hartlepool.

Three games in hand now on Sutton, Theoretically we could be three points behind them if those three games in hand yielded 9 points and we won our home fixture against them. So not quite in our own hands but not far off.

Sutton also still to play Torquay and Hartlepool at home.
    As utm says, following yesterday's results we move up in the table, not for the first time when we didn't actually play.

Looking at the stats and taking into account remaining fixtures for all teams, we appear to still be in the mix.

Looking at that performance yesterday, and taking into account this years performances in general, 'howling at the moon' comes to mind.

Name:  Table 20210327.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  89.2 KB

Whilst this post has a been very useful, it is highly unlikely that PPG will be needed now as there is little to stop the season from being completed so this is now rather ‘pointless’
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 28-03-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Whilst this post has a been very useful, it is highly unlikely that PPG will be needed now as there is little to stop the season from being completed so this is now rather ‘pointless’
    I tend to agree and until utm's post wasn't going to bother with this week's table.

I think this will be the last time I post the PPG Table. If anyone wants to take over, feel free.

Yesterday's performance has extinguished any hopes I had of automatic promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I tend to agree and until utm's post wasn't going to bother with this week's table.

I think this will be the last time I post the PPG Table. If anyone wants to take over, feel free.

Yesterday's performance has extinguished any hopes I had of automatic promotion.
    Many more performances like yesterdays and we will struggle to make the play-offs...

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    You're quite right that PPG almost certainly won't now be used to decide the outcome of the season, but with such disparity in the amount of games clubs have played (we've played six less than Hartlepool for example) it's still probably a fairer indication of where clubs are at and likely to finish than the real table at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post

It would be really good if you kept doing it as due to the different amount of games played by all clubs it gives a truer reflection of where we are at compared to the actual table.

What this PPG table does show is that whilst automatic has more or less gone it is that we are very much in the mix and masters of our own destiny in terms of being able to finish 2nd or 3rd due to the games in hand.

However games in hand mean nothing if this bunch of players do not starting showing some fight, heart, desire, ambition, focus or concentration to behave like winners throughout each game and go and get it.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314