+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: National League PPG Table

As ncfcog has pointed out, the table in this format (PPG) is available on his website, with the link on his Form Table Thread.

I'm therefore not going to update this as I originally said, unless there's interest from posters who'd like a PPG thread on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    As ncfcog has pointed out, the table in this format (PPG) is available on his website, with the link on his Form Table Thread.

I'm therefore not going to update this as I originally said, unless there's interest from posters who'd like a PPG thread on the forum.
    TBF, I’ve not updated mine yet!

It is now . . .

It’s a week since I posted the first PPG table, during which time Notts have added four times as many points as goals scored.
    Three pretty miserable performances but we are still in 6th place, so all is not lost …. yet.

Name:  League Table 20.12.09.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  52.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    TBF, I’ve not updated mine yet!
    I've been inspired by this thread to add a PPG table to my site, so it shows up for all historical dates.
    Had the Covid cancelation happened on the same date (March 16th) in previous years there'd have been no great escape in 2014 under Derry, we'd have finished bottom. Munto season we'd have still gone up automatically but in 2nd place with Rochdale crowned champions.
    In 1996 we'd have met Oxford in the play off semi-finals, then either Chesterfield or Crewe in the final (No Bradford who would have finished 10th!)
    John Barnwell's team would have won automatic promotion as runners up in 1988.
    As would Jimmy Sirrel in 1987, also 2nd place.
    Most agonizing of all, had Covid struck in 1977, Notts would have finished 5th, Fword 7th and no European Cups.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Most agonizing of all, had Covid struck in 1977, Notts would have finished 5th, Fword 7th and no European Cups.
    Crikey, it's hard to imagine how different things might have been over the last few decades if that had happened.

I've been inspired by this thread to add a PPG table to my site, so it shows up for all historical dates.
    Had the Covid cancelation happened on the same date (March 16th) in previous years there'd have been no great escape in 2014 under Derry, we'd have finished bottom. Munto season we'd have still gone up automatically but in 2nd place with Rochdale crowned champions.
    In 1996 we'd have met Oxford in the play off semi-finals, then either Chesterfield or Crewe in the final (No Bradford who would have finished 10th!)
    John Barnwell's team would have won automatic promotion as runners up in 1988.
    As would Jimmy Sirrel in 1987, also 2nd place.
    Brilliant! That last stat is heartbreaking, but also a little bit straw clutching!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Brilliant! That last stat is heartbreaking, but also a little bit straw clutching!
    If the more than 50% games played rule can be applied then 23rd February 1976 would have been the ideal date for a pandemic to force the cancellation and PPG-ing of a season. We'd have been promoted to the top flight in 3rd place with Fword staying down in 12th.

If the more than 50% games played rule can be applied then 23rd February 1976 would have been the ideal date for a pandemic to force the cancellation and PPG-ing of a season. We'd have been promoted to the top flight in 3rd place with Fword staying down in 12th.
    Typical! There's never a pandemic around when you need one.

Great slant to the 'What If' scenario, utm.

In fact that's given me an idea ...........

Torquay surprisingly only managed a draw at King's Lynn, so we drop 1 point further behind them but now have a game in hand.

With Solihull Moors losing at home to Bromley, Notts move up a place to 5th in the only table that matters.

Name:  League Table 20.12.12.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  52.2 KB

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast