+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: National League PPG Table

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Don’t rule out automatic promotion yet! For instance, if Torquay lose their next 2 games and Notts win their next 2 the gap drops to -3
    I'd be fairly certain that if we win all our remaining games we will get automatic promotion.

Here’s the current PPG table after last Tuesday’s games. I’ve added an additional column that translates the PPG into Points over 44 games.

This shows the gap between Notts and automatic promotion, if teams continue to pick up points at the same rate they have done so far. At this stage of the season a win or a defeat can make quite a difference to this.

Prior to Tuesday’s games the gap projected to the end of the season based on PPG was:

Torquay (2.46) 108 – Notts (1.67) 73 = -35

Following Tuesday’s games, the gap is now:

Torquay (2.29) 101 – Notts (1.77) 78 = -23

A win for us and a defeat for Torquay last Tuesday cut the end of season deficit by 12 points.

Don’t rule out automatic promotion yet! For instance, if Torquay lose their next 2 games and Notts win their next 2 the gap drops to -3

What price Notts for automatic promotion?

Attachment 17832
    Nice work! I'd be tempted to consider current form as well in order to get a feel for things. I know Torquay have points on the board as do the other 4 teams above us but all of those teams now trail us in the last 6 form table and if those trends continue it's likely the table will start to level out a little over the next half dozen weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Nice work! I'd be tempted to consider current form as well in order to get a feel for things. I know Torquay have points on the board as do the other 4 teams above us but all of those teams now trail us in the last 6 form table and if those trends continue it's likely the table will start to level out a little over the next half dozen weeks.
    Cheers ncfcog. The idea of this table was a quick exercise after each game to show the current “true” positions of each team, bearing in mind that if the season isn’t completed this is the way promotion and relegation will be decided.

It takes approximately 30 seconds to produce. I’ll leave the in-depth stuff to you.

Adding the 44 game points column means, hopefully, we can watch the points gap gradually narrow as the season progresses.

Cheers ncfcog. The idea of this table was a quick exercise after each game to show the current “true” positions of each team, bearing in mind that if the season isn’t completed this is the way promotion and relegation will be decided.

It takes approximately 30 seconds to produce. I’ll leave the in-depth stuff to you.

Adding the 44 game points column means, hopefully, we can watch the points gap gradually narrow as the season progresses.
    It does exactly that mate and you're right about the possibility of the season not completing, just hope we get to play enough games to witness a Torquay slide

Great results tonight for Notts, who move up to third in the PPG table.

Name:  League Table 20.12.22.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  84.8 KB

Its the Lost game column, that shouldn't be that high

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I guess we all agree. But looking at it in context, only 3 teams have lost less and we have lost less than Stockport who have played 2 games less than us.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic, but also some areas for concern. But my glass is 3/4 full.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I'd prefer the Won game column was higher

It seems we have more success when we don't play.

After the game against Hartlepool we slipped from 3rd to 6th.

Today's results mean we improve one place to 5th

Name:  League Table 21.01.02.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  88.1 KB

Didn't realise there was a late kick-off when I uploaded the table yesterday.
    Boreham Wood's 3-0 win over Barnet brings them uncomfortably close to Notts.
    We can't afford many more slip ups, as apart from the top two, things are pretty tight.
    A win for Solihull Moors on Tuesday would see them leapfrog us.
    And 10th place Eastleigh would go above us if they beat Stockport on the same night.
    That result would see Stockport drop below us.

Name:  League Table 21.01.03.JPG
Views: 315
Size:  77.2 KB

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast