+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read them the Riot Act or we will all end up as losers !

Read them the Riot Act or we will all end up as losers !

I listened to the post-match interview with Ian Burchnall yesterday and thought to myself, “I’ve heard all this before”, from the mouths of Neal Ardley and Jamie Fullerton - the presentations and content being all about appearing to be calm, pretending to be in control of a situation which is out of control and worsening, accentuating the positive and glossing over the negative. At the same time, the virtual lack of any passion in these interviews is very disturbing as football is a game of passion on and off the pitch. Sadly, the fact that the owners want success does not mean that they are passionate and this “computer says no” approach is becoming very tiresome and damaging.
    Whether he is called a manager or a head coach, Burchnall’s function first and foremost is to lead and at this point in time, to a degree, forget about complicated tactics forced on players, some of whom are temporary replacements, simply mercenaries and others who are in favour one week and out the next. Win the team’s hearts and minds and the rest will follow because
    history has shown in all fields of endeavour that with the right leadership anything is possible even if the numbers and odds are vastly against you.

Disperse or we fire?

As has been mentioned in other threads IB did seem very comfortable with the defeat yesterday and will I be interested with how the response goes on Tuesday night. .Everyone seems to have got there excuses in already with there being too many games to play, so he will have limited influence on the team before the end of the season. What about new manager bounce if nothing else..

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Disperse or we fire?
    After yesterday's non-performance, I think the team should be publically flogged, as boys.

Anyone else been watching 'Terror' on iPlayer?

I'm sure like me all the fans are devastated with the level of that performance, especially in front of a new manager. If they can't perform in that situation it's an absolute disgrace. This is 100% down to the players and it's a good job for them that no fans were in the ground as they would have been left in doubt of what we all think. However, what do you expect a new manager to say publicly? He's not going to hang them out to dry, he has to work with them and believe he can improve things. There will be changes for next season but for the time being this is what he's got to work with and clearly he's got his work cut out. It's the reaction in terms of team selection and performance over the next two or three games that will be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bramleypie View Post
    I'm sure like me all the fans are devastated with the level of that performance, especially in front of a new manager. If they can't perform in that situation it's an absolute disgrace. This is 100% down to the players and it's a good job for them that no fans were in the ground as they would have been left in doubt of what we all think. However, what do you expect a new manager to say publicly? He's not going to hang them out to dry, he has to work with them and believe he can improve things. There will be changes for next season but for the time being this is what he's got to work with and clearly he's got his work cut out. It's the reaction in terms of team selection and performance over the next two or three games that will be very interesting.
    Fair Point. I know he will not throw them under the bus but he seemed to accept the defeat as being O.K. As you say the next few weeks will give us a better idea about what he really thinks

He's not in a position to read the riot act, call out the players in the media after one game!! That could be hugely damaging.

You don't openly critisise and blast the players after 2 days in the job that does you no favours.

‘Don’t panic Mr Burchnall’ - they don’t like it up’em”

Many on here know absolutely nothing about good leadership!
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 28-03-2021 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    He's not in a position to read the riot act, call out the players in the media after one game!! That could be hugely damaging.

You don't openly critisise and blast the players after 2 days in the job that does you no favours.
    If it worked well then Damned United would never have been written.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast