+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: National League PPG Table

National League PPG Table

I've posted this on another thread but then thought it's worth a thread of its own.

If all games aren't completed, this is how the league could be decided again this season.

I'll update it after every game.

Name:  League Table 20.12.02.jpg
Views: 6150
Size:  52.4 KB

Nice one, not least because it moves us up five places! Although a win tonight only moves us up one place, and a draw would drop us a place.

It certainly looks a truer reflection of where clubs stand, and it's interesting that we've only played one of the top nine clubs. Only one of the next eight games is against a team currently above us, so we need to capitalise as it looks like the fixtures get harder in the second part of the season.

You can view this using the sort function on the Notts County Stats website. All of the tables for this season which include home and away tables as well as the form tables allow you to sort teams by column ie PPG or GD etc etc.

You can view the league tables here https://www.nottscountystats.com/league-2020-21

You can view the form tables here https://www.nottscountystats.com/form-2020-21

Also there is a search function so you can search by club as well if you like!

Thanks, this is useful and gives a truer picture.

Interesting I think that when you are near the top then the more games you have played is an advantage but the opposite is true if you are at the bottom.

You have to remember there will be teams overachieving and underachieving at this stage. Also there are teams that have had easier or harder games and others like Notts that seem to need half a dozen games to acclimatise before they start to kick in so while the PPG provides an alternative metric to measure progress with I would suggest a large percentage of the season would have to be played to be able to use it in the same manner it was last season.

Of course I use PPG to chart progress against points targets and I still think that gives a better overview as it uses historical data and accounts for the levelling of of any unusual form from teams over and under achieving.

You can have a play with an interactive version of that here https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/4390898/ select the legends to remove or include that data in the chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Nice one, not least because it moves us up five places! Although a win tonight only moves us up one place, and a draw would drop us a place.

It certainly looks a truer reflection of where clubs stand, and it's interesting that we've only played one of the top nine clubs. Only one of the next eight games is against a team currently above us, so we need to capitalise as it looks like the fixtures get harder in the second part of the season.
    A win tonight moves us 1 place?? Have another look at the table

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    One place looks right to me as I am fairly sure we can only overtake Stockport as we'd have 1.9 PPG.

Are we missing something silly?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 02-12-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Have a close look at the thread title again, then you "have another look at the table".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Have a close look at the thread title again, then you "have another look at the table".
    My Bad its on PPG my apologies

My Bad its on PPG my apologies
    No need for apologies. Let's all hope that we move up that one place, because only a win will do it.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast