+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: National League PPG Table

Will everybody be playing to lose in the FA Trophy on Saturday? I cannot believe that competition hasn't been scrapped or at least suspended to give teams the chance to catch up.

I fear for the season. Look at tonight's fixtures. 7 games on. 5 postponed due to covid. 1 postponed to frozen pitch.
    This season is becoming a joke

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Was the frozen pitch the Hartlepool game?
    Yes it was.

Half way through January and we still have 30 games to play.

We have 11 league games and FAT game before the end of February. Squad depth will be important

Posted these on Twitter yesterday … the first chart was before the two additional postponements last night so 62 games postponed already, the second chart includes the additional postponements …

Name:  20F4F7DE-97E7-4699-B1D3-E607D57A290A.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  18.3 KB

Name:  F55B47F8-1652-4218-86D7-CDB3128BCDBD.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  20.0 KB

Link to tweets if pics not clear enough … https://twitter.com/notts_stats/stat...168492033?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by wossie View Post
    I fear for the season. Look at tonight's fixtures. 7 games on. 5 postponed due to covid. 1 postponed to frozen pitch.
    This season is becoming a joke
    I agree any sane person will have the same outlook.

Its looking like the season is most likely going to be decided on a PPG basis again.

Great stuff thanks as always best Notts stats out there as you know!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Great stuff thanks as always best Notts stats out there as you know!

I wish now that I'd bothered to keep track of every Notts cancellation this season, I have an odd fascination with postponed fixtures in the past. Some of the great what-ifs could have come down to bad weather altering the course of history. Momentum can be disrupted or an opportunity to halt a slide in a six pointer can be lost because of a frozen pitch or cup tie commitments. I think it's very much underappreciated just how much impact PPs can have on the outcome of a season.

Would Warnock have avoided the sack if that Sunderland cup tie had been played on the Saturday as originally intended? It's by no means certain the result would have been the same. We talk about off days (a "bad day at the office"), your players can be in a completely different psychological state one day to the next, ditto the opposition. The atmosphere is also different for a night match than a 3pm. When games get cancelled and are not played for months, managers might have changed, key players may have come in or left, it can be a totally different set of circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I wish now that I'd bothered to keep track of every Notts cancellation this season, I have an odd fascination with postponed fixtures in the past. Some of the great what-ifs could have come down to bad weather altering the course of history. Momentum can be disrupted or an opportunity to halt a slide in a six pointer can be lost because of a frozen pitch or cup tie commitments. I think it's very much underappreciated just how much impact PPs can have on the outcome of a season.

Would Warnock have avoided the sack if that Sunderland cup tie had been played on the Saturday as originally intended? It's by no means certain the result would have been the same. We talk about off days (a "bad day at the office"), your players can be in a completely different psychological state one day to the next, ditto the opposition. The atmosphere is also different for a night match than a 3pm. When games get cancelled and are not played for months, managers might have changed, key players may have come in or left, it can be a totally different set of circumstances.
    Well if it helps I've got a record of last season and this season so far!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Well if it helps I've got a record of last season and this season so far!
    Have you got a link or can you post them here? I'll include them on my site so they show up on the "On this day". I think I've got them all up for the years 1969 through to 2000. There was an Associate Members Cup tie with Mansfield Town circa 1986 that got called off multiple times, that might hold the record for most postponed Notts fixture, at least in living memory. I know of at least one game that would have been televised (when Notts being on TV was still a very big deal) - at home to Leicester which, had it gone ahead - who knows - there might have been a goal scored in that game that we'd still be talking about and watching back today on youtube.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast