+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens v inverness c t

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    totally agree with you on this spike but who can queens get in to replace magic of better quality/style ,and remember he will be in the same boat as magic with a piss poor budget ,any new man will need to bring in 2 or 3 quality players to make a difference cause most of that team that took the park against inverness aint good enough at this level ,time to start looking higher than the manager .

from what i witnessed tonight queens were severely lacking in sharpness slow rolling ball passes no zip to them ,slow feet while in close quarters,and next to know understanding between the midfield and defence ,next training sessions surely have to be on sharper passing and fast feet cone drills , i cant believe how slow this team looks something aint right with training .
    Forget about the budgets as we are deep in a pandemic and there is no money to go around as most will have disappeared paying player wages with no apparent income to the club. What I want to see is a manager with some passion who can motivate the players we have. Johnstone is the most dispassionate manager we have had as he never appear to show any emotion and the post game interviews are always the same dour rubbish.

Time Alan Johnston was shown the door no enthusiasm about him, He doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of the players & take stopwatch Clark with him think that's his main job timekeeper... C'mon Billy & rest if the board make the change Now, you havn't been shy in the past to get rid of managers with far better records than the current manager who must have the worst record in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Forget about the budgets as we are deep in a pandemic and there is no money to go around as most will have disappeared paying player wages with no apparent income to the club. What I want to see is a manager with some passion who can motivate the players we have. Johnstone is the most dispassionate manager we have had as he never appear to show any emotion and the post game interviews are always the same dour rubbish.

if queens board are going to keep going down the crap budget root i suggest maybe signing the ex livi manager holt as he has had to work under restraint at livi aleit nowhere as bad as the restraints he would have at queens .

if queens board are going to keep going down the crap budget root i suggest maybe signing the ex livi manager holt as he has had to work under restraint at livi aleit nowhere as bad as the restraints he would have at queens .
    Good call. Dick Campbell as well. Always seems to get the best from dregs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Always bemoaning the players he is supposed to inspire.
    Not sure why Magic was sitting in the stand for the entire first half, then down he goes when Queens are 2-0 down early in the second half.

Not a bad shout Francis and there are others out there awaiting a call who could do a job motivating the players so we can at least get the best out of the players we have.

Not sure about motivation more sorting out the defence. Two of those goals were school boy stuff, especially the first.
    Two centre halves looked to be playing with a huge gap in between them. Gibson at right back was getting hammered and think it was our midfielder number 6 kept giving the ball away in dangerous areas under little threat.

We did look to have a few players who were happy to take folk on which has been a rarity for us but without cutting edge but we need to sort out the defence and lack of defensive midfield cover.

Thankfully Alloa and Arbroath are propping us up so nothing will change managerial and probably rightly so for this season. If we get cut adrift then a change must happen

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Not sure about motivation more sorting out the defence. Two of those goals were school boy stuff, especially the first.
    Two centre halves looked to be playing with a huge gap in between them. Gibson at right back was getting hammered and think it was our midfielder number 6 kept giving the ball away in dangerous areas under little threat.

We did look to have a few players who were happy to take folk on which has been a rarity for us but without cutting edge but we need to sort out the defence and lack of defensive midfield cover.

Thankfully Alloa and Arbroath are propping us up so nothing will change managerial and probably rightly so for this season. If we get cut adrift then a change must happen
    Some interesting points on this topic, - and for once I was agreeing wholeheartedly with Francis in as much as the ex Livi manager might be a good fit for Queens in terms of getting the best out of the players. The budget nonsense that he brings up every year is irrelevant. What we need is a positive manager who is capable of listening to other opinions, - and then asking his players to give 100%

I have no gripe whatsoever in Johnstone sitting in the stand to survey the match, - as I've often argued that managers should do that as they get a far, far better idea of proceedings. What would be sensible is for him to be discussing his options with other people, - rather than simply trying to work it out himself.

I liked our new front men for being able to run at people, - but as always, Johnstone was far too late in thinking about making substitutions to change the game.

As many have said on this board, - I 100% agree that Dobbie should not be the target man, - he is simply too old to be chasing a ball around the pitch, - he should be used sparingly and to the best of his ability. He struggled to walk off the pitch at half time never mind run!

The frustrating thing for me was Johnstone's lack of passion when interviewed and the fact that he showed no ambition whatsoever.

Unfortunately however, - it won't matter what I say or anyone else says for that matter, - Johnstone seems to do what he wants to do, and that is a real shame.

Despite having a go at the manager, - and let's hope he does have a wee think about what is being said on this board, - because nothing is derogatory per se, - we are simply stating the truth. It wouldn't have mattered if Garry Holt had been in charge for us because ICT were well drilled and they had two outstanding 18 year olds on the park who were a joy to watch, and Queens would have been beaten regardless of the manager.

However, a more disciplined defence could and should have reduced the carnage, while a little less reliance on an ageing striker and a greater enthusiasm to use substitutes would have made the game a lot tighter and put pressure on Inverness. Unfortunately, Johntone's lacksadaisical approach made the task an easy one for Robertson and when the 2nd goal went in, it was a stroll in the park for ICT.

Johnstone bravely suggested that it would be an opportunity for the Dumfries public to see his team under the lights, - and we did. Unfortunately the team were desperately exposed, and the manager himself failed to impose his position on the squad.

After Friday night, - he has an awful lot of work to do in terms of getting the players fit, and also changing his own half hearted "this'll do approach" - because it certainly will not do for the supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Some interesting points on this topic, - and for once I was agreeing wholeheartedly with Francis in as much as the ex Livi manager might be a good fit for Queens in terms of getting the best out of the players. The budget nonsense that he brings up every year is irrelevant. What we need is a positive manager who is capable of listening to other opinions, - and then asking his players to give 100%

I have no gripe whatsoever in Johnstone sitting in the stand to survey the match, - as I've often argued that managers should do that as they get a far, far better idea of proceedings. What would be sensible is for him to be discussing his options with other people, - rather than simply trying to work it out himself.

I liked our new front men for being able to run at people, - but as always, Johnstone was far too late in thinking about making substitutions to change the game.

As many have said on this board, - I 100% agree that Dobbie should not be the target man, - he is simply too old to be chasing a ball around the pitch, - he should be used sparingly and to the best of his ability. He struggled to walk off the pitch at half time never mind run!

The frustrating thing for me was Johnstone's lack of passion when interviewed and the fact that he showed no ambition whatsoever.

Unfortunately however, - it won't matter what I say or anyone else says for that matter, - Johnstone seems to do what he wants to do, and that is a real shame.

Despite having a go at the manager, - and let's hope he does have a wee think about what is being said on this board, - because nothing is derogatory per se, - we are simply stating the truth. It wouldn't have mattered if Garry Holt had been in charge for us because ICT were well drilled and they had two outstanding 18 year olds on the park who were a joy to watch, and Queens would have been beaten regardless of the manager.

However, a more disciplined defence could and should have reduced the carnage, while a little less reliance on an ageing striker and a greater enthusiasm to use substitutes would have made the game a lot tighter and put pressure on Inverness. Unfortunately, Johntone's lacksadaisical approach made the task an easy one for Robertson and when the 2nd goal went in, it was a stroll in the park for ICT.

Johnstone bravely suggested that it would be an opportunity for the Dumfries public to see his team under the lights, - and we did. Unfortunately the team were desperately exposed, and the manager himself failed to impose his position on the squad.

After Friday night, - he has an awful lot of work to do in terms of getting the players fit, and also changing his own half hearted "this'll do approach" - because it certainly will not do for the supporters.
    Agree 100%

It’s hard to disagree with any of that. It remains to be seen whether Queen’s will bite the bullet and also whether or not we have the cash or the cachet to attract the likes of Holt but I’d be very pleasantly (and genuinely) surprised if he pitched up. AJ looked in his post-match interview like he couldn’t be bothered which is where the rot really starts. Something needs to change. Personally always fancied seeing Yogi at Palmy. At least he wears his heart on his sleeve. Been out of the game for a bit now though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)