+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Match Thread vs. Dagenham & Redbridge 02.12.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    So the league table doesn't tell the whole story ... yet when we have been near the bottom we are always told 'The table doesn't lie'.
    MM
    with regards the league doesn't lie quote , I was referring to the quote your president of the Ardley fan club wrote.
    He being MR x (I'm not allowed to mention him by name )
    It was not my quote , it isn't my quote and isn't my belief.
    And the point I made is that actually the league does tell you the whole story , you just have to did deeper to see the bigger picture.
    The bigger picture being that we have dropped points to several teams based in the bottom five.
    certainly stuff that promotion campaigns are not built on.x

Exactly Pedro. You can spin it both ways Pedro, I've said multiple times now.

You can spin the 0-0 at lowly Dag & Red into a positive due to perfomance alone. Or say we were unlucky at Halifax cos of Big Ben's big mistake.

And on the flip side you can negatively spin the late win against Chesterfield as being lucky, or the cruise against then high flying Wealdstone as being against some part timers so should hammer them.

Both of the above have occurred as well you know.

It works both ways, both supported by facts. We are singing off the same hymn sheet

How do you fancy our chances against 7th placed Woking?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Exactly Pedro. You can spin it both ways Pedro, I've said multiple times now.

You can spin the 0-0 at lowly Dag & Red into a positive due to perfomance alone. Or say we were unlucky at Halifax cos of Big Ben's big mistake.

And on the flip side you can negatively spin the late win against Chesterfield as being lucky, or the cruise against then high flying Wealdstone as being against some part timers so should hammer them.

Both of the above have occurred as well you know.

It works both ways, both supported by facts. We are singing off the same hymn sheet

How do you fancy our chances against 7th placed Woking?
    Who?

Tiny club, no fans, no history, part-timers(?)

If we lose it will be a disaster, if we win it will be lucky

Who?

Tiny club, no fans, no history, part-timers(?)

If we lose it will be a disaster, if we win it will be lucky
    2-2 history suggests that Ardley wins one and draws a few , Does just enough in peoples eyes but not in mine!

Your remarks or jibe I believe or think you were referring to my Wealdstone remarks ,
    so forgive me for asking but are they (Wealdstone)
    a big club , do they have a big history , are they semi pros, do you think we should beat a club of said stature ????
    answers to all would be nice .
    To be honest I have never heard of them as a football club before , had you ?

I've heard of Woking , but again a club small in comparison to us and a club that we should expect to beat, certainly if we have ambitions of promotion.
    If we fail to beat them then it should be classed as disappointing. The style and performance of the game would dictate if it was unlucky or deserving
    I take the performance of the game on the day before considering which context it belongs in.
    Here's one for you ,
    if we play teams of the park every week with an attacking flamboyant style but end up losing games and not getting promoted I would feel confident enough to keep Ardley and let him continue with his quest for promotion.
    My quibble and I believe others peoples is that he is to negative and sets the team up in a negative fashion that leads to dour displays with very little created in terms of chances.
    safety first at all costs if you like.
    It appears that Over the last two games this has changed , but lets see if he has started a new dawn with regards his football philosophy or if he reverts to type.
    That being returning to the style that got us relegated and failed to get us promotion.
    Muchos Grassy Ass !

Do you think that if the opposition gets a chance to score then, that the defence is weak? There's not a team in the world who doesn't give the opposition chances. If there was, there would be no need for a goalkeeper! Why was, say, Peter Schmeichel such a good keeper? Why did he have to make so many good saves? Obviously because the defence was weak!

Any chance you might give your thoughts on the comments on the Daggers website or the stats?

Finally, if Mark Stallard said 'We are disappointed not to win and could have lost', and that is what you are basing your opinion on, I think you've taken them totally out of context. I would say exactly the same, but I thought we played really well and the defence were solid.

This is NOT a pro-Ardley post, it's a pro-the team on the pitch. It's Christmas, why not try to look for one positive thing!
    mania you make some debated points

As for peter schmeichel in my opinion man united,s best keeper in recent years , look at his son kasper when he with us, he was always shouting at defenders, and was angry when we let a goal in .

As for stats they do not win matches goals do , the fact was we can not kill these poor sides off, they are still in the game with a chance to win in the closing stages

I have not taken things out of context, as some posters say how good we were , how come we could have lost the match??

The fact is our defense is poor, people were saying our defense was the best, yet stallard said he could not believe Dag & rR missed, a real let off for Notts

But i definitely agree we are all pro Notts County, its hard with Ardley in charge, but maybe i should look for the positives

I thought you said you were moving forward to the next game? The above post is the complete opposite of moving forward to the next game.

Btw we play Woking at 3pm today let's all hope we don't drop points against this small side currently in 7th position in the league table

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    mania you make some debated points

As for peter schmeichel in my opinion man united,s best keeper in recent years , look at his son kasper when he with us, he was always shouting at defenders, and was angry when we let a goal in .

As for stats they do not win matches goals do , the fact was we can not kill these poor sides off, they are still in the game with a chance to win in the closing stages

I have not taken things out of context, as some posters say how good we were , how come we could have lost the match??

The fact is our defense is poor, people were saying our defense was the best, yet stallard said he could not believe Dag & rR missed, a real let off for Notts

But i definitely agree we are all pro Notts County, its hard with Ardley in charge, but maybe i should look for the positives
    Why was Schmeichel their best keeper? It was because sometimes the defence was breached. Sometimes their opponents missed golden chances. That's football. Because they should have scored a goal, doesn't mean that our defence wasn't solid.

I quoted stats not because they win matches, but because they do show how much we had been in control. Surely you would have to agree that the quotes from their website show they realise they had a close escape.

Did Stallard also say he couldn't believe Wootton missed, or that the penalty hadn't been given?

Anyway, let's move on, as you agreed to.

Why was Schmeichel their best keeper? It was because sometimes the defence was breached. Sometimes their opponents missed golden chances. That's football. Because they should have scored a goal, doesn't mean that our defence wasn't solid.

I quoted stats not because they win matches, but because they do show how much we had been in control. Surely you would have to agree that the quotes from their website show they realise they had a close escape.

Did Stallard also say he couldn't believe Wootton missed, or that the penalty hadn't been given?

Anyway, let's move on, as you agreed to.
    Schmeichel was there best keeper because he organised his defense, shouting at defenders and telling them what to do like Kasper

I do not agree that their website said they had a lucky escape , in fact their manager post match thought they should of won

A balanced view has not been given,its alright to harp on about the penelty,but to counter they believe they scored a perfectly good goal that was ruled out in the first half, so they did have an attack before 71 mins. As i say -give the balanced view, not cherry picking the good parts

On to woking now

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Schmeichel was there best keeper because he organised his defense, shouting at defenders and telling them what to do like Kasper

I do not agree that their website said they had a lucky escape , in fact their manager post match thought they should of won

A balanced view has not been given,its alright to harp on about the penelty,but to counter they believe they scored a perfectly good goal that was ruled out in the first half, so they did have an attack before 71 mins. As i say -give the balanced view, not cherry picking the good parts

On to woking now
    Yes. What's your excuse today?

I guess their manager thought they should have won.

I often think that the relative value of away points can be determined by your home games. If you consistently take three points in your home games then it converts single points away from home into good ones. On that basis, the draw at Dagenham followed by the win today 'converts' that point from Wednesday night into a good one. If we had only drawn or even lost today, then the previous result would have looked far less satisfactory, but as of now the psychology feels positive.
    Last edited by jackal2; 05-12-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516