+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Who’s had the vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Nae so good min.
    Hope things go well.
    ^^^This^^^

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Cheers Aldo, early days but it's looking a bit better than it was yesterday. She was convinced it was MS and at her age that is the start of the end so this is kinda good news in a way. Plus because it is so rare the docs seem to be taking a lot more of an interest in her, not every day they see a case of this.
    Pish craic Mondo Min, I'd never heard of that ailment.
    A quick Google tells me it's treatable and recoverable from so hopefully herself gets it beat.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Pish craic Mondo Min, I'd never heard of that ailment.
    A quick Google tells me it's treatable and recoverable from so hopefully herself gets it beat.
    Cheers folks, she's been moved to ICU and put on a ventilator this morning. Appears it's like having the virus the vaccine was meant to protect her from but that's an argument for another day.

Ironic they are worried about her breathing as her lungs were fine when she phoned to give me a rollicking for not putting the washing out.

The ex Dundee midfielder Morton Weighorst had this disease when he played for Timothy.

All the best to your Ma.

Just in the subject of vaccines, when is the longest anyone has had to wait for an appointment? I’ve got some caterers saying they’ve both got their appointment for the 31st July.

They’ve got a better job offer on the day, haven’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Just in the subject of vaccines, when is the longest anyone has had to wait for an appointment? I’ve got some caterers saying they’ve both got their appointment for the 31st July.

They’ve got a better job offer on the day, haven’t they?
    I could do a few egg sandwiches if you want. Maybe but them in to triangles and garnish with a leaf of some sort?

Auld mither has had her diagnosis officially recorded as a possible side effect of the vaccination. No way to tell of course if it was the vac that triggered it but doctors saying they are seeing a lot more cases of this since vaccination started.

She didn't need the ventilator and back on a normal ward now. Possible long recovery with rehab to get back to her normal ways though. Not sure she'll be able to drive again but with her driving that's possibly not a bad thing.

I remember my mother's driving :-(

Glad to hear she's on the mend though.

I'm down in Brazil, pre embark quarantine .

Nobody over 60 been allowed offshore since covid kicked off.
    One of our welders ,who was hoping to back to work if got jab,is over 60 and went to get vaccine. He had bad reactions ,which in turn developed into Covid and poor guy passed away .
    All within four days of getting vaccine .

Makes my moaning of feeling bit crap and headache after got first jab all a bit selfish.

Good day for the government today.

Boris isn’t isolating because he doesn’t have to.
    Boris is isolating ( at chequers, shame eh?)
    Boris never had any intention of not isolating( anyone who says otherwise gets burned at the stake)

There’s a strain of virus ( which their hopeless oxford vaccine might struggle to cope with) found on a French colonial island 6000 miles away.
    Put the whole of mainland France on the red list?
    Nah because there are half a million brits in France and only half a dozen* or so available hotel rooms for them to isolate in.

Invent an amber plus level?
    Good idea, serves folk right for wanting to go to France anyway.

Freedom day tomorrow, which means you get the key but are expected to stay in your cell.

Meanwhile 250,000* folk cram into 200 yards of Brighton beach.
    It’s a staycation innit?

* Numbers might not be accurate but you get the drift.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast