+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I love modern football

In what was one of my first away outings sinkov, me and my grandad and an uncle went to see Burnley at Wolverhampton that season on a Ribblesdale Batty Holt coach setting off from Infant Street in Accrington.

I seem to recall I sniffled all the way back to Accrington. 6-1!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    In what was one of my first away outings sinkov, me and my grandad and an uncle went to see Burnley at Wolverhampton that season on a Ribblesdale Batty Holt coach setting off from Infant Street in Accrington.

I seem to recall I sniffled all the way back to Accrington. 6-1!
    I didn't go BT, but I can still remember hearing the score on my transistor radio, honestly I was in a state of shock, I could not believe any team could beat that Burnley team 6-1. But I was young, I'm not quite so wet behind the ears now.

sinkov --the game was more exciting and had more goals than the sterile stuff which is served up in the PL these days.
    Your first two seasons saw the average goals per game throughout the 1st Division as 1959/60 == 3.49 followed by 3.73 per game in 1960/61
    This season the PL got off to a start with 103 goals in 28 games in September and this was exciting people because the PL had never averaged over 3 goals per game since it started.
    However, October saw 97 goals in 34 games in spite of the fact that 2 games yielded 16 goals.
    November the total dropped again with 90 goals in 36 games and this month we have so far had 27 goals in 8 games so we are still under the average of 3 goals per game and I honestly can't see this being achieved this season, in spite of some of the defences being suspect.

Those days didn't last though did they Sub, I can also remember our 72/73 promotion season, it was kick started sometime in November with four consecutive 1-0 wins, and I didn't worry for one moment about the lack of goals, we never looked back after that and the following season we were back in D1.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)