+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I love modern football

I love modern football

What a night in the EFL tonight. Middlesbrough had 37% possession and won 2-1, Sheffield Wednesday had a man sent off and played for 60 minutes with 10 men and had 22% possession and drew 1-1, Luton only had 32% possession against Norwich and won 3-1, Nottingham Forest had just 40% possession and drew 0-0.
    Lower down Gillingham had just 36% possession and won 2-0, Wimbledon 32% and won 2-1, Carlisle 44% and won 2-1 and Stevenage 35% possession and drew 1-1.

14 matches tonight in the EFL and 8 teams had markedly more possession than their opponents and not one of them won.
    The obsession is possession, however, the object of the game, in spite of all the stupid changes in The Laws of the Game, is to score more goals than your opponents.

How long will it be before those ruining the game decide that they will take possession into account when working out results? I would not put it past them with the way things are going!

I've been uneasy about other teams falling back on the Burnley model - Sub....don't tell me it's happenning !

norder ---the idea was that I should put a football related post on here instead of all the political crap which abounds!
    Even Chelsea only had 45% possession and won 4-0 thanks to Giroud who scored all 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    norder ---the idea was that I should put a football related post on here instead of all the political crap which abounds!
    Even Chelsea only had 45% possession and won 4-0 thanks to Giroud who scored all 4!

dont blame me Sub....I can't help it if teams aren't playing the game - anyway, I think 45% possession leaning to the 50-50 would be hardly noticable - unlike those 22-32% games with the winners sitting back ?....but hard to say, didn't see them - then a peek at Norwich forums tells me they were poor for the majority of the game, an unusually poor performance - manager didn't make needed changes to turn the game - the Luton floodlights were dull and the canaries were wearing a dark strip.....etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It's ludicrous "political crap" which is forcing fans to stay home Supersub6 and not allowing me to go to the pub or a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's ludicrous "political crap" which is forcing fans to stay home Supersub6 and not allowing me to go to the pub or a restaurant.
    BT if you went to the pub would you promise to stop all the political crap you inflict on us?
    It’s incessant, abusive argumentative and pervades almost every post, is often repetitive and often adds little to discussion other than take us off down diversions to Westminster, political parties, Trade Unions, even Palestine.

You don’t seem to post anything new or constructive about Burnley FC, is that not really the purpose of this site and your job?

I’m with supersub let’s talk football, Burnley and non politics pleeeeese.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    BT if you went to the pub would you promise to stop all the political crap you inflict on us?
    It’s incessant, abusive argumentative and pervades almost every post, is often repetitive and often adds little to discussion other than take us off down diversions to Westminster, political parties, Trade Unions, even Palestine.

You don’t seem to post anything new or constructive about Burnley FC, is that not really the purpose of this site and your job?

I’m with supersub let’s talk football, Burnley and non politics pleeeeese.
    Not much to discuss about Burnley Football Club at present OC, my priority is not to be subsumed by this Cabal of Cabinet Minister Conservative and Unionist Cretins aided and abetted by their quisling sidekick Kier Starmer who are denying me my freedom of choice and wrecking our economy and shattering people’s lives.

"You don’t seem to post anything new or constructive about Burnley FC, is that not really the purpose of this site and your job?"

Sounds like you might have picked up a bit of the "Claret Phoney Virus" there OC.

Not much to discuss about Burnley Football Club at present OC, my priority is not to be subsumed by this Cabal of Cabinet Minister Conservative and Unionist Cretins aided and abetted by their quisling sidekick Kier Starmer who are denying me my freedom of choice and wrecking our economy and shattering people’s lives.
    You need to start looking BT get your Claret specks on, there’s plenty of football topics that affect Burnley, if you take the political blinkers and nervous political ticks that drive you down the familiar routes of old. Let’s have s9me moderation. Lol

"You don’t seem to post anything new or constructive about Burnley FC, is that not really the purpose of this site and your job?"

Sounds like you might have picked up a bit of the "Claret Phoney Virus" there OC.
    Lol
    I did visit the site so need to sing Happy Birthday wash my hands, wear gloves and glasses. Will wearing a mask work or have I spread it already. I just hope it spreads moderately.
    Will the Corotony vaccine work, not sure I want to have it.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 03-12-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)