+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pace...

Pace...

I'm not talking about our next Chairman, I'm talking about our extreme lack of PACE...

We have not one player in the team who can offer genuine wings and I predict Everton's extreme abundance of PACE will see them win this one.

Come on you Clarets!

We are lacking in many places BT, but pace has been absent for a number of seasons

PACE......yep we none. No winger at the club with this attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    PACE......yep we none. No winger at the club with this attribute.
    No HALE today either

Hate to say it, but I really don't think Lowton and McNeil are EPL quality.

A really good player would have buried the chance McNeil got late on to win it.

Frank Casper would have broke the net.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hate to say it, but I really don't think Lowton and McNeil are EPL quality.

A really good player would have buried the chance McNeil got late on to win it.

Frank Casper would have broke the net.
    Sorry BT, chances are missed by all players and criticising McNeil for the miss is unnecessary because he knows that he should have hit the target and was disappointed.
    I watched Manchester City this afternoon and they missed far easier chances than the one McNeil missed and also missed the target. Are their players not Premier League quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Sorry BT, chances are missed by all players and criticising McNeil for the miss is unnecessary because he knows that he should have hit the target and was disappointed.
    I watched Manchester City this afternoon and they missed far easier chances than the one McNeil missed and also missed the target. Are their players not Premier League quality?
    It's too often with McNeil though Supersub6, the real top quality is just not there I am sorry to say.

Talking of misses,if Wood had scored instead of hitting the goalkeeper we would have gone in two up at half time ,fine margins and that's why we are in the relegation spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    We are lacking in many places BT, but pace has been absent for a number of seasons
    thats right Alto - and the reason (imo) for it...is the restrictive formula of S.D (set duck) - we haven't moved on in years, and this work in progress - what I think it really says - is Working progress....a machine, same old cyclical impression - has had a healthy run since it's appointment - and likely that if it continued, it'd be allowed to run on, without much complaint and with more of the same - So, better start getting its act together soon - preferebly, with a change of gear, but if not, wouldn't be unreasonable to look for one that can, who knows... perhaps the new owners could speed it along.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    We can add Werner of Chelsea to the list. Almost £47 million and stood on the far post less than two feet from the net and had two attempts to score ----and we moan about McNeil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)