+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sound Familiar

Sound Familiar

Jake Wakeling. Another one let go to early perhaps.

Thoughts anyone.

Link

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sp...-after-4759149

Read about this lad going on trial at Leicester a few weeks ago so I looked at his stats. Can't remember them exactly but his goals and assists were quite poor from memory.

There's more to football than goals and assists of course but they do have a major bearing at the business end of the pitch. Given the progress of other forwards in a similar age bracket at the time it could just be that he didn't show enough at the right time.

Players can make huge gains to their game in a relatively short space of time with a little more maturity. Those gains along with a penny dropping may have more to do with his progress since leaving than a decision at our end back then.

Leicester may also be using their greater resources to play a percentage game that we couldn't at the time of his release.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Read about this lad going on trial at Leicester a few weeks ago so I looked at his stats. Can't remember them exactly but his goals and assists were quite poor from memory.

There's more to football than goals and assists of course but they do have a major bearing at the business end of the pitch. Given the progress of other forwards in a similar age bracket at the time it could just be that he didn't show enough at the right time.

Players can make huge gains to their game in a relatively short space of time with a little more maturity. Those gains along with a penny dropping may have more to do with his progress since leaving than a decision at our end back then.

Leicester may also be using their greater resources to play a percentage game that we couldn't at the time of his release.
    Good points.......time will tell where he ends up. I just hope it is not scoring goals against us.

Micky Perry, Ian Edwards and Adrian Foster had great potential back in the day.

Wonder what they’re doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Micky Perry, Ian Edwards and Adrian Foster had great potential back in the day.

Wonder what they’re doing now?
    Adrian Foster used to play his youth football in the same Kidderminster league as my younger brother, I watched him a couple of times and he was unplayable at that level I think a 100 goal a season player. I also seem to remember his debut at home might have been under Talbot where he missed a sitter of a header, sadly the jump to the second division as it was then was to great for him, I honestly thought he would become a regular up front for us, a bit of a young Chris Wood type.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)