+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gangsters

Gangsters

I cannot even tell if any of this is good news or bad news...

The thing that doesn't sit well with me is...

Based on the bid put forward...

The premier league could either accept or reject...

Why would they want clarity on anything? If they wanted clarity and did not receive it, surely then they should have rejected the bid, stating why...

As far as I can see, they had NO legal reason to reject it, but morally, they did not want to accept it...

Moral reasons are not legally binding.. so.. as far as I can see.
    The premier league have shafted us...

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I cannot even tell if any of this is good news or bad news...

The thing that doesn't sit well with me is...

Based on the bid put forward...

The premier league could either accept or reject...

Why would they want clarity on anything? If they wanted clarity and did not receive it, surely then they should have rejected the bid, stating why...

As far as I can see, they had NO legal reason to reject it, but morally, they did not want to accept it...

Moral reasons are not legally binding.. so.. as far as I can see.
    The premier league have shafted us...

this is exactly why they didnt give a decision and clarify why the sale didnt go through, legally they are fecked.

This only goes to prove the two cases against them actulally have valid grounds

where do they get the balls to have moral issues when the entire footballing body is corrupt to the core.
    i still think that Qatar snitch looking fecker will get his .......... all in good time

But... for us... as a club going forward.. the Saudi's walked...

There has been nothing concrete to suggest they are still keen since...

I fear we are stuck with Ashley...
    I only hope it is NUFC that is suing the PL and not Ashley... so any compensation will belong to the club... but.. we all now how thst pans out....

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    But... for us... as a club going forward.. the Saudi's walked...

There has been nothing concrete to suggest they are still keen since...

I fear we are stuck with Ashley...
    I only hope it is NUFC that is suing the PL and not Ashley... so any compensation will belong to the club... but.. we all now how thst pans out....
    thats the strange thing Mick.

from what i picked up on months ago, is that the Saudi bid has never been officially withdrawn. I also heard that the PL dont actually deal with the saudi's and actually deal with Ashleys lawyers.

Its Ashley's team who present them with a bid for a takeover and any withdrawal. If this is right or not, i dont know for certain.

Then on the other hand, we hear stories that the saudi's have walked and are willing to come back as long as they are certain to be approved. This is the more likely scenario, why else would the fat man go down the legal route for a decision and grounds

To prolong our torture....

Disgusting by the prem.

Not a surprise now but disgusting, none the less.

Look at how the Premier League was born and who it's fathers (bosses) are. They blocked the takeover and Dick Master answers to them IMO.

It’s bizarre though - the big three at the start of the EPL were Liverpool, Arsenal and historically Man Utd (who hadn’t actually won the league since the 60’s) and yet new money Chelsea & Man City are now there plus historic big(ish) club Spurs who don’t win much at all apart from the odd FA Cup.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)