+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy! Easy!

Easy! Easy!

Kilmarnock and St Mirren each put to the sword 3-0 by the Mighty 'Well - it's a six-point Thursday!

https://spfl.co.uk/news/kilmarnock-f...ciplinary-outc

When was the last time we scored a total of six and didn’t concede in two games running. Now if the rest of our games could go the same way
    we could win the league ���� Seriously SPL could be creating a massive problem for themselves and clubs, what if a league or relegation issue was decided this way

The full judgements are at the links below. Dense reading but fascinating. Well worth a read.

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    When was the last time we scored a total of six and didn’t concede in two games running. Now if the rest of our games could go the same way
    we could win the league ���� Seriously SPL could be creating a massive problem for themselves and clubs, what if a league or relegation issue was decided this way
    They've not created any problems, I would say they've removed them. If it's your fault you can't play, you lose - it's clear, simple and prevents potential chaos later on.

This is not the same as floodlights failing or a waterlogged pitch. Scottish football begged for special permission to return and got it, if you believe those in charge of the game another shut down could see clubs close. There's no excuse for clubs blatantly ignoring safety rules (the car sharing in particular is mind-boggling). Ignoring the sporting aspect, this is a disease which, you know, kills people. The young and healthy players are obviously unlikely to suffer badly but they will have gone home to partners who could work in schools, hospitals, care homes etc.

I'm rarely one for draconian punishments but in this case I fully support books being thrown.

Of St Mirren...

"The breaches involved two bus trips (to and from one game), inadequately spacious facilities utilised by too many
    players at their then training ground at Ralston, inadequate social distancing at a team meeting/meal
    prior to the match at Dumfries, and the travelling together by players in cars of up to four persons to
    and from the training facility of the club."

"There is no ambiguity about two metre distancing. Every school child in Scotland should be aware of
    it," was my personal favourite.

Reading the judgements (thanks, JWOK) it’s pretty clear both clubs were very bad at implementing and then properly managing/monitoring the essential elements of how to minimise Covid infection risk. The fact the Scottish Government would be watching closely to see that such fundamental breaches were appropriately dealt with will have been taken into account when deciding on the punishment, and rightly so. It serves as a very clear reminder to all clubs to take very seriously the risk of Covid infection. It’s difficult to see what other conclusion the governing body could have reached.
    Last edited by Gowboy; 03-12-2020 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Omitted a word

Quote Originally Posted by Gowboy View Post
    Reading the judgements (thanks, JWOK) it’s pretty clear both clubs were very bad at implementing and then properly managing/monitoring the essential elements of how to minimise Covid infection risk. The fact the Scottish Government would be watching closely to see that such fundamental breaches were appropriately dealt with will have been taken into account when deciding on the punishment, and rightly so. It serves as a very clear reminder to all clubs to take very seriously the risk of Covid infection. It’s difficult to see what other conclusion the governing body could have reached.
    The clubs will be unhappy, but this was the least worst option. They keep points won on the pitch and they have time to recover. Beyond that, the standard is set; we all know what the deal is if we knowingly ignore the protocols. Fines don't work well - some clubs have benefactors who could pay a fine out of their pocket money - and, as Gowboy says, Holyrood ( a day or two after football asked for special consideration ) is watching. The police may be watching as well.
    Other clubs may be hit by coronavirus, but I'll be surprised if it's the result of blatantly failing to to stick to the protocols.

Having spent some time working in Paisley (not through choice BTW), I can honestly say - even pre-Covid - I always made sure I was at least 2 metres away from any of the locals !!

Unless I've missed it there has been no comment about the bonus points from Motherwell. I would have expected some reaction other than a low profile. No doubt the manager will have to field a question or two at the weekly presser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)