+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Burnley v Everton Match Preview

S.D Post Match

"not there yet"

at home....against an off the boil opposition with a suspect defence and iffy formation , these are the games we need to be winning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Honestly Alf? I thought Westwood was fouled in the build up to their goal, but we just don't get those decisions.
    So did Sean and I and half the defence. BT

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    A good point,but we need to learn to defend at the end of the half and not concede a soft goal.
    Honestly Alf? I thought Westwood was fouled in the build up to their goal, but we just don't get those decisions.

difficult to tell, but the ref was right on it and signaled to Westwood to get up...as if he was making a meal of it ? - and as for the Goal,was soft... Mee should've done better - imo.

The standard and quality of our play was better, but may have been due to having opponents who are not as good as NC. However, we did press better and can only hope that side of things continue to improve.

I get pissed off with refs giving free-kicks to players who just fall down trying to buy a free-kick, and Westwood was trying that very trick, so imo the ref got it right and waved play on. But the reason I get pissed off is that nine times out of ten they give the free kick, but this was the one time in ten he chose not to, and it cost us a goal. It's just the bloody inconsistency, ffs either give them all or don't give any.

I only managed to watch the first half as we had to go out. Brady had a very good first half and it was a good goal.
    Was disappointed Wood did not take the chances he had, although Pickford made a good save. As we don’t make to many chances, we need to be more clinical when they are there.
    Overall I was pleased with our performance in the first half, the only negative being their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Full Time:

Burnley 1 Everton 1

Only one Manager had the bottle to go for the win in the later stages, and it wasnt the Englishman

We are not blessed with a £150 million bench Alto.
    We didnt need a £150 million bench BT, JayRod was replaced by Barnes who has showed nothing for the last lot of games, Brady was subbed by Benson, what was needed was some potency, movement and clever work, but again Vydra was left on the bench, Dyche played for a draw and nearly lost all the points at the end because of it, Ancelotti went for the win with a creative player sent on and a goal scorer, its not rocket science BT.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    So did Sean and I and half the defence. BT
    Nothing wrong with it,Westwood just fell over ,the fool.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Nothing wrong with it,Westwood just fell over ,the fool.
    Yet Kevin Friend gave fouls for five similar incidents in the Chelsea v Leeds game, I suppose that is because their players never fall over unless they are fouled.

We are two hours advanced before Britain, so you lads are fast asleep ,then the morning news !
    This WAS a much better performance from Burnley. What I saw was that our 2 forwards hung back a little,they did not chase after the ball as in the City game ,when the ball was played from keeper to defenders. The effect was that it stretches the team (against City),and makes it a very open game for 'the big team' City.
    In the Man City vs Fulham (2-0) | Premier League highlights video, immediately stop the video at 0.03, City is attacking,count the number of Fulham players = 9,and with goalkeeper 10, that's compacting the play the formation,its all in their half , and makes it hard for the opponents to score. That's what we should have done!
    I also think Brady played well ,not just his goal that gave Burnley a real 'boost', but he was there in attack ,defence, his passing was quick and positive. If anything Taylor is a weak link ,yes he charges down the left flank,but his crosses are not good enough.(training staff get him working on that!!!) His marking also??
    The Everton goal. The ref could not have seen exactly what happened he was standing some 6 yards to Westwoods right, if Westwood would have been pushed by the Arsenal player on his left ,could he know that? It's hard to say exactly but...? Then the goal ....2 Everton players in dangerous positions ,we are 3 at the back. As the ball is played to Richarlison, (Lowton is no where near Richarlison) only Calvert-Lewin poses any danger,level, and in front of him is Ben Mee and behind him Taylor. Unfortunately Ben can not match the speed of C L, but Taylor can know the situation,as he is facing the play which will follow. As we know C L out paces Mee and after that history !
    We do not close down ,mark, opposing forwards well enough, we give them too much room.
    It has also been said ,''we lack pace'', but also we are not good in defending. For me the first duty of the defence is to defend,here this week Lowton was out of position ,which left Tarks to move out and take on Richarlison, if, (that amazing word 'if' ) Lowton had not moved out of position ,maybe they would not have scored?
    Ok,now where is my coffee.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)