+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Everton Match Preview

Burnley v Everton Match Preview

Well provided he recovers from his head injury this is the chance for England’s Number 1 to showcase his talents opposite Southgate’s Number 1. In 12 previous PL meetings between Burnley and Everton there has not been a single draw. Is this time to buck the trend and stick Ancelotti’s men for a point? Dominic Calvert-Lewin will be a big danger as will the devious Richarlison. Keane will no doubt be keen to return to his old stomping ground. For the Clarets it may be too soon for Bardsley and Brownhill to return so an opportunity for Benson to continue. Kick off is at 12:30. Do I not like Sticky Toffee Puddings especially at lunchtime. COYC.

Saturday would be a grand time to start a winning at home sequence, but somehow I don't see it!

Everton, last 5 games - lost 4 won 1 (2-3) vs 17th placed Fulham, who from what I can tell, had the better of the match and missed a penalty - big difference is, their 19 goals to our 4....but even though their last game v Leeds was a lively one, they failed to score....hope that repeats against us.

Congratulations Sean

Sean Dyche the Premier League's longest-serving manager will take charge of his 200th game in the top flight on Saturday when Everton come to town.

The Turf Moor chief joins the likes of Joe Kinnear (Wimbledon), Alan Curbishley (Charlton Athletic), Rafael Benitez (Liverpool), Sam Allardyce (Bolton Wanderers), David Moyes (Everton), Harry Redknapp (West Ham United), Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United) and Arsene Wenger (Arsenal) in reaching that total in the same spell.

Nick Pope and Josh Brownhill will be fit to face Everton in the Premier League this weekend in a welcome fillip for Burnley boss Sean Dyche.

Robbie Brady has returned to training following a hamstring problem and is in contention, as is Dale Stephens, but Johann Berg Gudmundsson and Phil Bardsley remain doubts.

Jack Cork remains sidelined but is making progress and has joined in some limited first team training.

Everton have Coleman, Gbamin and Digne injured and out of the game.

Game is live on BT Sport.

BBC say

Everton have suffered the most Premier League defeats at Turf Moor by a visiting side, losing four of the six encounters.
    The Toffees have not kept a clean sheet in 22 top-flight fixtures at Burnley since a 2-0 win in March 1958.
    There is yet to be a draw in 12 Premier League meetings overall. Everton lead by seven victories to five.

Burnley have lost six of their opening nine league games for the first time in 39 years, when they were in the third tier.
    Their five points this season were amassed against teams currently 15th or lower in the table.
    The Clarets have only scored twice in their past eight league matches and have registered the fewest shots (83) and shots on target (24) in the top flight this season.
    They can win consecutive Premier League home games for the first time since October 2019, when the second victory came against Everton.
    Burnley's solitary victory in their past 18 home league fixtures when conceding at least one goal came against Leicester in January (D3, L14).

Everton have lost four of their past five league matches. However, they have won four of their six away fixtures in all competitions this season.
    The Toffees can win more than five of their opening 11 Premier League fixtures for only the second time, and the first since going on to record a best-ever finish of fourth in 2004-05.
    They have failed to keep a clean sheet in nine successive Premier League games. Only Sheffield United are on a longer current run.
    There have been 36 goals in Premier League matches involving Everton, 19 for and 17 against. Only matches involving Liverpool (39) have produced more goals.
    In their first five league games this season, Everton scored 14 goals from 64 shots at a 21.9% conversion rate. In their past five matches, they have converted five of their 52 attempts at a rate of 9.6%.
    James Rodriguez has failed to score or assist in his last four Premier League appearances, having scored three and set up three in his first five games.

History says we have a chance at least.

Lawro rates it 1-1

My Everton supporting mate isn't confident, in fact he doesn't fancy them at all, reckons he'll be delighted with a draw. So will I.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    My Everton supporting mate isn't confident, in fact he doesn't fancy them at all, reckons he'll be delighted with a draw. So will I.
    We need to stop Calvert Lewin and Wood needs to be Keaner than Michael.

I don't rate Keane, Wood will eat him for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't rate Keane, Wood will eat him for breakfast.
    I'm sure I read that somewhere else from you last week sinkov?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)