+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v AFC Bournemouth Match Thoughts

Kanes had a shocker

I'm sure I'm not looking through rose tinted glasses, but I think the score at 4-0 is flattering. Don't get me wrong, Ballmouth deserve to be winning if for the free kick goal alone, but if we had strikers who didn't need 15 bites at the cherry or a penalty to score, we'd have had 2 or three goals ourselves. If we'd scored first the game may have been totally different. As it is goals breed confidence and Ballmouth have got more and more confident with every goal they've scored.

That was a clear case of men against boys. They were stronger than us and faster than us plus they get their shots on target.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Looking at Rico’s goal, Kane just ducks!
    Definitely 3Able1😅

I agree fantyke we have lost 0-4 but the score line flattered them and the weather played it’s part! But as I said prior to kick off you do not play an unchanged side 3 days after your last game when you play high intensity football like we do!
    Bournemouth deserved to win but had we made 5 or 6 changes we could have scored first and it would have been a different game?
    I totally blame big Val for this nobody else they were tired and it showed in those conditions....we move on now to Wycombe.

First of all let me credit Bournemouth who are possibly on this display at least the best team we've encountered since our return to the Championship , I thought they were excellent .

We didn't help ourselves did we ? and were ruthlessly punished .

That said it wasn't a game where I'm thinking we've got huge problems in attaining what we want to achieve this season , which is personally 55 to 60 Championship points .

Anyone thinking this group is going to trouble the top half of this division may want to mind the gap whilst their heads are in the clouds .

The way I see it the most important game out of our two home games is the one on Wednesday night against Wycombe , owt we got tonight was a bonus .

We move on and three points on Wednesday night gives us 22 which is bang on course to attain where I've set the bar this season .

Sometimes you’ve just got to admit that you’ve been totally outclassed.
    It doesn’t matter if you could have had 4, 5 or six goals or more if you don’t test the keeper you don’t score.

We were outclassed but contributed heavily to our own downfall with silly mistakes that led to goals. Its not as though they created 4 goals from their own play. It shows we have long way to go to develop a team good enough to regularly reach the top half of the table.

Fair play to the opposition they made the best of the mistakes we made and I thought they still had another gear if they needed it.

We move on and plan for the Pigs. Thats where I would love us to put in a performance.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    First of all let me credit Bournemouth who are possibly on this display at least the best team we've encountered since our return to the Championship , I thought they were excellent .

We didn't help ourselves did we ? and were ruthlessly punished .

That said it wasn't a game where I'm thinking we've got huge problems in attaining what we want to achieve this season , which is personally 55 to 60 Championship points .

Anyone thinking this group is going to trouble the top half of this division may want to mind the gap whilst their heads are in the clouds .

The way I see it the most important game out of our two home games is the one on Wednesday night against Wycombe , owt we got tonight was a bonus .

We move on and three points on Wednesday night gives us 22 which is bang on course to attain where I've set the bar this season .
    Nothing at add perfectly up.
    Val just said we made it too easy for the openent tonight.

No complaints , given a football lesson tonight , best team won easily ,

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast