+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v AFC Bournemouth Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Yes it was a big blunder by Woodrow but had it come off we were in behind Bournemouth if tha looks. Fine margins. Tha gave Callum Brittain MOTM which I agree wi but he did two extravagant bits of skill in defensive positions which could cost goals if they dint come off.

Listen I totally get what you're saying. I was tearing my hair out too at the time, Woodrow wanted the ground to swallow him up. However on reflection during the H/T interval, I thought again.
    It's just the way we play mate and it takes some accepting.

Players express themselves, its risk/reward football and by the text book can look very naive at times. However, on another night Woodrow pulls it off and we score the equaliser on the stroke of half time which changes the whole game.

Thee watch Liverpool. They mek some big blunders and concede daft goals because they try all sorts of unorthodox innovative stuff to try and open up the opposition. Leeds do exactly the same too. It's how it goes when tha laiks a high press, tha gambles and teks risks. The difference is that liverpool have the quality in the final third to take chances and outscore their opponents, we haven't and Leeds haven't quite got it either.
    Difference for me though Pass is that Woodrow did it with seconds to go to half time and us still in the game .

It's a fine line though I agree .

Yorkshire Post , Val sez they destroyed our game , " Bournemouth are one of the best teams, but the feeling is for me is not that Bournemouth were much better , it was more of a top team 's finishing " " we played well and created lots of chances , but we made mistakes they destroyed our game and our chance to win the game " WHODATHORTIT ! Headline on Match report " Barnsley defeat shows the power of 'parachute clubs' all 3 relegated sides occupy the top 3 spots !!
    Accun see Val gone soowin if he dunt gerriz orn way in January ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Yorkshire Post , Val sez they destroyed our game , " Bournemouth are one of the best teams, but the feeling is for me is not that Bournemouth were much better , it was more of a top team 's finishing " " we played well and created lots of chances , but we made mistakes they destroyed our game and our chance to win the game " WHODATHORTIT ! Headline on Match report " Barnsley defeat shows the power of 'parachute clubs' all 3 relegated sides occupy the top 3 spots !!
    Accun see Val gone soowin if he dunt gerriz orn way in January ?
    Well I'm afraid if he's a man in a hurry and wants to leap from where we are to challenging the top 6 of this league in one window he's going to be disappointed .

In fact he'd be disappointed at a good number of clubs at this level right now .

BBC Sport.

Bournemouth boss Jason Tindall:

"We knew we needed to respond after a disappointing result against Preston and I felt we certainly we did that tonight.

"We knew if we won here tonight, we'd go to the top of the league. That was a challenge and that was what we managed to do.

"Tonight was not about any one individual. I thought it was a great team performance at a really difficult place in difficult conditions."

Barnsley head coach Valerien Ismael:

"We made too many mistakes and the opponent punished us. Bournemouth is one of the best teams in the division.

"We played well, created a lot of situations and pressed very well, but the mistakes destroyed our chance to win the game.

"I think we have to analyse the game but not be over-critical. This is our position and if you want to reach the next step, we have to improve.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 05-12-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Kanes had a shocker
    He hasn't recovered from his brother The Undertaker's recent retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Proper fecked me off did Woodrow's error Pass .
    Get in at halftime 0-1 after a decent spell and still in the game and who knows mate .
    I'm going to let it ride with this strategy we have but ain't defending that ....... feckin hell .
    That was the moment we were out of the game tonight .
    He's no kid , absolutely indefensible .
    Yes and Im sure Cauley himself knows wot hes done wrong, its rank bad player game management from us yet again.
    IF we had made it 1-1 when we should have done, or IF we had kept it at 0-1 till half time.... frustrating fine margins again like we all are saying.
    They're top for a reason of course but I was actually more impressed with Brentford last week at ours, as daft as that might sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes and Im sure Cauley himself knows wot hes done wrong, its rank bad player game management from us yet again.
    IF we had made it 1-1 when we should have done, or IF we had kept it at 0-1 till half time.... frustrating fine margins again like we all are saying.
    They're top for a reason of course but I was actually more impressed with Brentford last week at ours, as daft as that might sound.
    Several things angered me about the goal he gave away , the closeness to half time , the scoreline which had us clearly still in the game , the fact he had two opportunities to pass it and didn't and he was positioned right in the middle of the pitch when the ball was lost 30 yards away from our goal .

That's four errors in my opinion .

I take Pass's point about high risk football but that's not high risk football in my opinion it's plain stupidity .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Several things angered me about the goal he gave away , the closeness to half time , the scoreline which had us clearly still in the game , the fact he had two opportunities to pass it and didn't and he was positioned right in the middle of the pitch when the ball was lost 30 yards away from our goal .
    That's four errors in my opinion .
    I take Pass's point about high risk football but that's not high risk football in my opinion it's plain stupidity .
    Yeah I go along with all of that Animal, but Im trying right now to excuse Woodrow and call it a one-off (as bad as it was however!).

Anyway, todays scores are showing what a decent position we are in in the league right now, regarding points ahead of the drop zone. And I hope we will learn from last nights fiasco.
    Last edited by Acido; 05-12-2020 at 04:43 PM.

I think it's wrong to single out any individual on that performance , I didn't think we played too bad myself , the win together / lose together attitude is good I M O , just remember this team has got us up to mid table ish now on 19 pts , i think most would be happy with that ? ! If we carry on at our present points ratio throughout the season we will be well safe , win one lose one seems to be Vals formula just now , draws get you a much needed point sometimes , I prefer to win then lose , or better still win more than we lose , the odd draw is acceptable against the better sides ! ,

On a positive note, within 24 hours of the feelings of despair, along come Norwich and make your weekend better.

Well done Canaries.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast